Anyone find idle is much lower now that cooler weather is here?

ProSimex

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I know how to adjust the idle on my bike, Im not looking for tech advice. Just noticing that as the summer is over and its getting cold and damp the idle on my bike is getting lower and lower. Now of course this could just be the screws vibrating out, I havnt checked. But has anyone else noticed this sort of thing happen? Is this a common thing? Bike is running fine by the way, starts easy, rides great.

Pro...,

Check your NOAA weather and get the barometric pressure. When the pressure goes down, the idle speed goes down. Barometric pressure has a greater effect on engine performance than temperature.

cold air is denser than hot air, effectively leaning your mixture. this is why drag racers generaly run quicker at night

after re reading your post, you'd expect the idle to increase as it leaned out, so buggered if i know then lol

On mine it tends to cough just off idle when the temps drop into the 30's. I think the colder air being denser leans it out. It idles a bit lower until it gets warmed up well.
I could play with the mix screws but Then I'd have to play with them again when it gets warmer.
I can live with the cough and low idle until spring.
Leo

Back