Anyone know this bike? got questions

Scgoobertn

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been looking at a lot of bikes lately trying to decide which route i wanna go as soon as my new job comes through. Came across this and was wondering if anyone knows this bike, has info, or can guess really well, lmao. Trying to figure out what size wheels and what tank? My closest guess on the tank is what probably like a triumph copy or something. Anyways thanks for the help fellas.

3539464382_b06db60264_b.jpg

I believe that is Hugh Da Man's bike. (aka Hugh Owings....Punkskalar...HughsHandbuilt...etc.) I think he's on vacation right now, but will be with you shortly.
p.s. buy his stuff!:bike:

Nope never seen it, must not be from around here. Hmmph I wonder who DID do that?

I believe that is Hugh Da Man's bike. (aka Hugh Owings....Punkskalar...HughsHandbuilt...etc.) I think he's on vacation right now, but will be with you shortly.
p.s. buy his stuff!:bike:

haha, didnt know it was hugh's. Yeah once i get my new job i definantly plan on picking up some stuff from hugh.

Funny. That's the bike that sent me down the path on my bike...

Hope mine turns out 1/2 as nice as that one... :thumbsup:

6309923480_bed8c1eeb7.jpg

Rich

Nice haha. I originally planned on doing a cb750, but atm i think im gonna save the cb750 for a cafe and do more something like this with an xs650. Something about the parallel twin just looks right. but i dont care for the sporty/peanut tanks very much. Anyways killer forum glad i stumbled across it. Thanks guys!

Found out the info lol helped knowing who built it.

21" 1968 Ossa Akront Front Rim laced to shaved, lightened and polished front hub with Buchanan Spokes
18" 1972 Husky Akront Rim laced to Polished Stock Hub with MikesXS Spokes

There is a full build thread from beginning to end on Pirate 4x4.com on Hugh's bike. He documented the whole thing. But good luck on finding another one of those tanks.

There is a full build thread from beginning to end on Pirate 4x4.com on Hugh's bike. He documented the whole thing. But good luck on finding another one of those tanks.

Yeppers :D after they told me who built it i found the build log. Freaking awesome...And yea im seeing its a rare rare tank lol. Oh well im sure i can find something close enough i hope. I just dont like sporty tanks that much. Not really my style but of course to each there own :D Thanks again

Hey Rich, what color is your tank? Is that just clear over the steel or is it painted? Got any better pics. Looking for a good grey color like that.

Hey Rich, what color is your tank? Is that just clear over the steel or is it painted? Got any better pics. Looking for a good grey color like that.

Zoom:

They shipped the tank to me in raw steel, covered in an oil-based protectant. I cleaned it up and it started to surface rust. So, I just shot it with a quick temporary coat of ceramic VHT paint, just to protect it until I get to the painting stage.

Hope that helps ya.

Rich

The Pirate used to eat up a lot of my time back when I was a crawler. Since the last legal rocks to wheel disappeared a few years back in my area I havent been to the site in some time. Gonna have to go back and take a look. Just afraid it'll make me wanna blow the dust off the old heep and drag her outta storage.

That is a beautiful build, coming from someone from Pirate I'm not at all surprised at the quality, just at how clean it is. :D

Back