Anyone move their bike to inside of the house for the winter

Waitaminit! That's on a city maintained road. Folks have successfully collected damages for things like that!

I didn't mention it above but my front end is messed up now.

Tires out of balance, has a bad steering wheel shake at 34-40mph, pulls to the right while driving, pulls to the right when braking, steering wheel way off center, steering wheel is not responding correctly. I was at a drive through last night and I always get close to the window. When I went to pull away I almost hit the building because the steering wheel did not respond correctly.

Would that be on the city or the water company.

Waitaminit! That's on a city maintained road. Folks have successfully collected damages for things like that!

I talked to a guy from the city and he said he thought that would be on the home owner. He would do some checking and get back with me. Ya. Right.

I called the water company and they took all the info and said they would turn it in to the loss and claims department.

They called me and said they would forward it to the insurance company. So I think I might stand a shot at getting my front end aligned and tire balanced.

Well you can't have a motorcycle in the house with out the parts to work on it.

You can't put the parts on until you sand blast them.

You can't run a sand blaster with out air. I'm just glad there was all ready a hole in the wall where a 220 outlet use to be that was for an air conditioner that is long gone since the invention of central air. :laugh:

Ya. I might be a Redneck. But I got to "Get R Done".

Attachments

• XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 005.jpg
    XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 005.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 105
  • XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 006.jpg
    XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 006.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 101
  • XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 009.jpg
    XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 009.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 119
My bike is freshly painted and clean as a whistle I think Ill bring it into the bedroom and surprise the wife. I built a big bedroom.

Ditto. I've never seen a pneumatic coupling in a bedroom wallplate. That'll cause quite a buzz for the next/future homeowner. You may have started a trend here...

It's a funny thing about how that came about. Like I said above, there use to be a window air condition in that wall, which actually is the living room/garage wall.

It's always just been an empty metal box. So I went to look at it and it pulled out in my hand. Not even attached. Cold air coming in like crazy.

I took a 1/8" pilot bit and drilled a hole in the wall to see where it came out in the garage. It was with in 4' of the compressor. :D And, I swear I'm not making this up, there was a hole in the garage wall from an old electrical box that I had done years ago. But just an empty hole. And they were in perfect alignment, just 4" apart.

So I took some 1/2" pipe, made a double elbowed S looking thing and ran it through there. Came out perfect.

Now I won't have to listen to the compressor run. And the shop vac is going to sit out side the window with just the hose coming in.

If I ever move I can just put a solid cover plate on there. Hey. It's better than an empty hole.

Ya. I'm a Hoosier. :bike:

Last edited:
Garage is heated very nicely. There are times sleeping in there might not be so bad. Haha

So my bikes stay out there all winter.

When I was younger, pre wife and kids, living in an apartment though they DID come inside for winters.

while reading this thread, i mentioned to the misses that the xs1 could fit in the dining room. response "oh hell no, but i remember that 35 years ago you rode in the front door and down the stairs to the rec room, that would be ok". the problem arises that the xs isn't quite ready to move so i'm still in the cold garage waiting for the chrome.

Just brought mine in last week, shame I have to take it back out for more work.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 92
Back