Anyone run a MAC 2-1? Any pics or feedback?

Jerm

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Found a new one local for a decent price. I am in the market for an exhaust and like the sound of the 2-1. Inevitably gonna rub in RH turns? How good or bad is the quality? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have no personal experience with the product, but I was going to buy one from 650central and he talked me out of it... Based on my riding style. He said it moves the torque higher in the rpm band. More like a 2 stroke, since I wanted low rpm torque it was not for me.....
Just my 2cents

Suck- unless you want to go through the carb settings and rejet. My '83 came with 2-1 and stock jetting..... the performance wasn't there. I picked up a set of used stock pipes and it was a totally different bike.

I had a Mac 2-1 and I found no such thing, (that you had to "rev" it higher to get at the power). In fact, I found that bike extremely easy to just putt around on, I used to ride around on city streets and more or less never have to get out of 3rd gear unless I had to stop.
But then once out on the road and you DO get up in the RPM's it had a nice howl to it. A friend riding behind me commented on the good sound. In fact, I didn't even rejet. But then I had BS34's on that bike...so not sure what diff that makes.

I'm running one on my track bike and like it, nice sound, good flow. I've read a lot of reports of people grounding in RH turns, I raised the rear of my bike quite a bit to improve weight distribution, so have more ground clearance and have no issues here. If you get one, spend quality time when you mount it and get it tucked in as tight as you can, I also suggest running taller rear shocks for ground clearance.

Attachments

• DSC00605.jpg
    DSC00605.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC01277.jpg
    DSC01277.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 152
xsjohn gave my carbs some attention and set them up as follows: Pilots are 50. Mains are 137.5. Floats are set at 22mm. That is where I'm starting out.

13 3/8" shocks in the rear for me. Thanks for the input thus far.

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 152
Back