Anyone use the Hotwingglass cafe seat?

Samuraiace

Workin from the shed
Reaction score
Like the title says, just wondering if anyone could throw me there input and some info of the Hotwingglass cafe seat they got.
Is it necessary to cut off the frames rear loop to make the seat fit? Any hassles with the seat in general? And I'm also curious what the ride is like?

Thoughts :shrug:

I am not running cafe this build but next. I have a cafe 5 gallon fiber glass tank that I built. It is a copy of an Aermacchi tank. TonyC

Thats a huge tank, Jeeze howd you make a mold for that? And were do you get your materials?

I found some Aermacchi tank pics and thats a wicked tank (Love it) similar to what I'm looking for .:thumbsup:

Check gopher glass. I bought my tracker seat from him. Great guy good quality and havnt seen cheeper prices anywhere else

Materials came from Aircrraft Spruce. I taped an original tank and made top and bottom. Laid the fiberglass over the original tank. I have not finished sanding and painting but I will try to get photos. Tony C

Thanks, Pics would be great:thumbsup:
I'll check into Aircraft Spruce and poke around and see what they got, Any suggestions?

With your tank holding fuel (of course) what are you using for a sealer inside the tank?
cause won't the fuel eat through the resin? or are you using a chemical/petrel repelling resin?

Thanks bradshaw106 for the site it's got some nice stuff there. At the moment though I'm working on my cafe build and leaning away from the tracker side. I do know someone who may find this sight useful though, and I'ts always helpful to hear about places that are cheap in price and hearty in quality :)

Got it, fill me in when you throw some gas in her I curious on how it works out and the end result. :D

How long does the molding and curing process take ( i know it can be a matter of who's constructing it) but from your perspective? Is it something I could pull off in a weekend if I was going from scratch (without a tank)?

I have a Hotwings Kaff seat on my '77D. Yes the loop must be cut; although it could be flipped over and welded back on. I never noticed any difference in handling or rigidity. The seat is well constructed but pad is thin, so stiff ride but one doesn't tour on a Cafe Racer.

Alright

someone with one of these seats, good to hear.

Thanks for the info Newagerocker, one question though.

how much do you have to cut the seat down or did it come at a usable length?

because I've heard you have to cut the seat down a bit.

how much do you have to cut the seat down or did it come at a usable length?

because I've heard you have to cut the seat down a bit.

Seat length is fine just goes right on with a slight bit of frame grinding as I recall. I did have to cut a notch in the front to accomodate the stock tank hold-down bolt.

Here's a bigger pic.
2010672820100948521S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Man these seats have a great look :thumbsup:

what kinda grinding was involved? do you lose the stock rear turn-signal bracket?

Some of the weld beads stick up to far and rub the seat-pan sides, these I've ground down. The turn signal brackets are gone with the rear loop. They're just hideous anyway.

I have a Lucas style rear brake/running light with LP small brushed aluminum signals attached to it's aluminum base. I have since removed the sport fairing and have same signals attached to aftermarket brackets up front. Lollipops up front were only necessary so signals were out beyond the sport fairing.

Back