Anyone use this?

i didnt even think of checking ebay for that stuff. thanks.
I was gonna paint my frame with it, but was told could only go thru a dealer and get gouged for it, or swap meets.
yeah, since the '80s hot rodders have been using it to seal and stop rust, and you can give a texture, depending on how far you hold back your gun. i might rip my bike back apart to do it.
its kinda expensive though. i used near a quart on my frame, and varios parts, that was acrylic though, dont know how the coverage is of por-15.

I used the stuff on my frame and appendages. Not bad, tough but I don't think it's as tough as powder coating. Even though you can use it on bare metal, I primed mine anyways. A heads up though, it sets (skins) really fast and you have to thin it quite a bit to use a spray gun. And seal the can tightly, or it will harden up on you.

Paid about $60 for it at an autobody supply shop, he mentioned a lot of guys use it on their hot rod frames. Even though it sets fast, it is quite runny. If you are doing small items, you could use a brush as it flows nicely.

My main reason for using it instead of powder coating was price, and I didn't want to take a chance melting my VIN sticker.

I'd use it again if I had to do another frame.

Attachments

• por15-frame.jpg
    por15-frame.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 59
I used the stuff on my frame and appendages. Not bad, tough but I don't think it's as tough as powder coating. Even though you can use it on bare metal, I primed mine anyways. A heads up though, it sets (skins) really fast and you have to thin it quite a bit to use a spray gun. And seal the can tightly, or it will harden up on you.

Paid about $60 for it at an autobody supply shop, he mentioned a lot of guys use it on their hot rod frames. Even though it sets fast, it is quite runny. If you are doing small items, you could use a brush as it flows nicely.

My main reason for using it instead of powder coating was price, and I didn't want to take a chance melting my VIN sticker.

I'd use it again if I had to do another frame.

Did you brush or spray your frame? I read on a different forum that it is self leveling and even if it's brushed on, it will smooth out and you will not see any brush strokes. Not sure how much of that I believe though. Oh, frame looks good by the way.

I brushed the swing arm and chain guard just to try it, you have to be quick and accurate doing it that way. You don't get a chance to brush over something you just brushed, it skins that quick.

Used a spray gun on the frame, motor mounts, center stand, and triple trees. Again, you have to move quickly with this stuff. Buy a good mask, the stuff is toxic.

Back