Ardcore hardtail rear motor mount bracket info needed..

That post wasn't there a few minutes ago when I started typing my previous message !! LoL.

Thanks heaps ketis... I'll measure mine now and see what the go is...

So you mean like this ?

null_zps59728a23.jpg

If so then there is definatly something wrong !

Are you sure you ment 1 3/4 ?? As that seems maybe a little to short !!

And if you are 29" from the center of the bolt to the front of the slot, that would explain the 1/4 difference why your holes dont align. Looks like its slid 1/4 too far into the frame to me

Hey man, I have an Ardcore tail section installed and it appears that your problem is potentially the place on the neck that you measured back form(the actual neck or the rim). I had a similar issue and I simply pulled the tail back far enough to accommodate the bracket, squared up the frame and TIG welded the gap. Solid as a rock. Hope you get it resolved.

@ ketis,
LOL, No worries bud... Yah but if I pull the lower rails out by that 1/4" it only leaves a very little amount of slug in the lower frame rails.. Not enough that I'd be happy to ride it especially here in OZ with the shitty roads we have.. It also creates a very large gap at the top... I'll post up some pix soon...

@ bobber xs,
Yeah just to clean off the seem so the slug fit in... Not sure what the second half of your message was ment to say...

@ preacher,
I measured from the actual neck tube it self not the outer of the bearing cup.. Although I did cut it a little long so it could be trimmed if need be. So if I measure from the outer of the bearing cup it's only about 2mm sort of 16" so I can't see this as being the issue...

I seriously can't seem to work out what's up here... My brackets seem to be all good, my measurements and cut seem right, but if I don't use the brackets the frames seems to line up sweet, if I use the brackets it seems to make the slugs not sit in the frame enough...

I know you guys have no engineering in the states and having just a litte bit of slug in the frames seems ok to you the problem here is regardless of if I think it's safe or not when we go for engineering our frames get x-rayed to make sure the welds are all good and if they see just a few mm of slug in the rail they wil fail it so this is not an option here...

I'm currently talking with Jon from ardcore and we're looking at making longer slugs to try an sort it out...

I'll post up some pix to show the gaps etc...

Thanks again guys for all your help, it's greatly appreciated..

Here we go

This pic shows the frame as a whole.. I used no straps etc to pull anything in as I can't cause if I do it just pulls the lower rails out. Setup like this there's not a heap of tension on the motor mounting bolts which means I'd be able to remove and reinsert the bolt without to much hassle... But of cause theres a massive gap at the top and bugger all slug in the bottom..

null_zpsec06beb9.jpg

These are close ups to show the gaps etc..

null_zps11c81b99.jpg

null_zpsab12bd2e.jpg

null_zpsdaa0071e.jpg

null_zpsd616831b.jpg

With it not strapped in and bolted up it looks perfect. It actually looks like the cut was a little short based on your upper engine mount just looking at the pictures from mine. Also, you don't have to slide the slug all the way forward. I actually had about an 1/8" gap in mine from the back edge of the bolt. If your still unhappy with it, I would get a piece of tubing the same size as the stock upper and have a large slug made and slip that in between making sure the slug is through all of it and weld it up. It will likely require you to cut out a little more frame.

Sixth post:wink2:

how about fabbing up some longer slugs?

27th post:)

I know you guys have no engineering in the states

I'm currently talking with Jon from ardcore and we're looking at making longer slugs to try an sort it out...

:D You're right! NO "engineering" where I'm at :laugh:. Just real wolrd hands on experience!

Last edited:
The backbone was cut too short for sure. I had a full half inch past the motor mount when I cut. These are old photos that I zoomed in on, I know they will be hard to see, I hope they help. Best I can come up with.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 5.15.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 5.15.19 PM.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 150
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 5.14.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 5.14.21 PM.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 129
I typed for sure but I'm not for sure so I apologize. It does look to be cut a bit short to me though from what I remember doing.

Defiantly cut them right... My instructions said 16" Measured from the neck tube...

So 16" measured from the neck tube...
null_zpsb3483f5c.jpg

Lowers are 1.5" measured from the center of the lower motor mounting bolt as per instructions..
null_zps6e381d67.jpg

Strange thing is when I purchased these tails I ordered 2 x standard 4" stretch and 1 x 3" stretch....

The 3" stretched tail fits all three frames perfect !!! The 2 4" ones don't fit any of the frames properly ??

Here's the 3" tail mounted up on one of the frames !! All three frames are cut the same...
null_zps169f0c13.jpg

null_zpsee358c1b.jpg

Some thing is definatly up with the two 4" frames !!!

Hey Bobber, did you manage to sort this out yet? Yell out if you need any measurements or pics. I did mine on the weekend and it was smoother than silk...

Mine is a 2 4 " Ardcore as well.

More than happy to help anyway I can mate.
Cheers

Back