Are Hagon shocks any good ?

Scrambled

Motorcycle Man
Reaction score
I have been shopping for some better shocks . All the brands that I wanted are not available , back orders will take 2 months + for Progressive 412s and same with Ikons (only one Canadian dealer for Ikons and he will not be getting another shipment until the end of Aug) .

So, I started looking around for some good shocks that fit my bike . I went to Omar's site hoping that he still had Redwings , but now he sells Hagons . I did find a NOS pair of Redwings ( not Hammer Heads , just regular shocks ) .

Has anyone bought either of these ? I am riding on junk shocks from Mike's right now so it won't take much to improve on that, but I still want a decent shock.

I put a set of Hagon Customs on my 78'SE about 6 weeks ago. Billy at Hagon Shocks LLC, 760-308-8124, San Marcos, CA worked with me to set them up for my weight and riding style. These are absolutely the best shocks I've ever had on a street bike. I can feel them working as I ride. The handling is much improved, the ride is great and the bike just feels more "planted" in the twisties. At $300 they seemed spendy but now that I've experienced them I'd spend it again in a heartbeat.

roy

Brings a lump to your throat..

union-flag_3_1.jpg

I put a set on my '75. I got them from Dave Quinn Motorcycles. http://davequinnmotorcycles.com/ Spoke to Dave himself on the phone. I wanted them longer than stock so he helped me get setup with what I needed, spring rates, etc.

I love them. They are awesome shocks, and Dave Quinn was a pleasure to deal with.

Oh yeah, they only ran about 200 bucks from Dave Quinn

If you can buy decent shocks with custom springs for $200-300, that's a deal! Quality shocks can cost 3-4 times that.

I had some new Hagons given to me that were taken off a Triumph T100R. The springs were way too soft, but otherwise the function was just dandy! I'd buy them.

I really like Hagon shocks and have them on 3 of my bikes now. They are priced well and Hagon have been good to deal with in my experiences. They will build to suit your requirements and their shocks can be rebuilt.

I am still very please. It is a value buy. I am not sure that as an average rider I need the difference or that I could tell the difference between the Hagon and the big named units. Also most of my riding is single and with a light load so once we set the shock that was it. When Cathy joins me a quick adjustment and we are off.

Just remember YMMV and the above is only my .]

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

have them on my '01 spirit 750 and they are great! got them longer than stock and dave quinn helped me set them up for the bike and my weight. ran me about $200 or so as well. best bang for the buck shock around.

also have some IKON's on my cb750. those are BADASS shocks too, ordered from dave gardener out of california. about $400 or so and they're set up just the way i need them with full adjustability.

Back