<artisticly challenged.help with paint ideas!

RcRider89

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm getting very very close to the point where everything goes to the powder coater.
More or less its all getting done
Spokes
Hubs
Rims
Frame
Triple tree
Fork lowers
So on and on

Im great with mechanical but have no vision paint wise.
I was thinking yamaha blue w/pearl tins.black everything else
20140109_140830.jpg

20131120_103127.jpg

See if someone can change my mind:shrug:

Posted via Mobile

I like the yamaha blue w/pearl idea. Not so much the "black everything else". While that combination does work, I feel that too much black just hides all your fab work, almost making it a black "blob". What I've been doing lately, when doing a large about of black is combing gloss and flat blacks which make for a nice contrast.

I dont mean everything everything. Center case are powdercoater black for ease of cleaning.rest of the motor is raw,t/s,spokes blue w/ black hubs. I cant get off the yami blue. True to its roots kind of thing although the yellow would be more xs

my other tech at work and a few customers have planted the seed of doubt. Toyed with the idea of candy red and pearl white too. Just have a real hard time pictureing it in my head.

Posted via Mobile

i think flat and gloss black is more a street car thing. im not a fan. do it one step at a time if you can. start with a black frame if youre set on that. paint the engine how you'd like and then branch out from there. its a lot easier and cheaper to change your grips if blue doesnt make it as opposed to repainting the tins. and google image search. type in keywords: brat bobber chopper cafe etc. or talk to a painter. you have flakes mattes flats gloss high gloss clears in these options too. look up vintage bikes too maybe a factor color from 1930 might spark something. good luck man!

Apreciate the input. I guess ill just pus back the finish time and go step by step. Springmis coming quick in north texas. Almost 3 years since my last bike got sold,the itch is severe
Good thing i get to ride customers bikes daily

From what hes said i can do any RAL color in powder,with flake or pearl....back to the almighty GOOGLE

Posted via Mobile

Back