Attaching GS curved drags

tmb99

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a sweet set of Gordon Scott curved drags in the mail the other day :D painted and wrapped them today and just thinking about how to setup the rear mounts. Thought I'd throw it out here as I know a few people have them and someone may have had a better idea than what I'm thinking.

Anyone got any pics of their setup??

Mine came with the brackets required,am sure gs would help out as i had nothing but brilliant customer service
image_13.jpg

I got a roll 50feet length by 2in wide,ithink theres about 2 feet left,
Thought i was going to be short but made itand resisted the strong urge for homeward bound wrapping towards the end :)

Just got GSs new fat pipes. A little shorter than yours so I should have plenty. Great Job coxy

Mine both dump left side opposite to Coxy's. I had to fab up a little mount to attach to the frame, sorta like an upside down L. You dont see it. They look frickin awesome and workmanship is great but damn they are loud.
I dont think loud nec = good personally. I had to make up an insert (the old lolly pop trick) to pad them down a bit. Worked but gives them a bit of a harsh edge im not sure i like... i want rumble and thump not just shear noise. Work in progress.

Noise is just Noise and deaftness is just deaftness. With enough noise you will find deafness. I'am deaf as a fencepost. :D Nice looking pipes. The rap top shelf. :thumbsup:

Anyone have a source for custom exhausts like Gordon Scott's curved drags? I have been waiting for months to finally be to the point in my build where I need them, but he is not taking any new orders and I don't know when he will. Any help or direction would be GREATLY appreciated!

Back