attn: gurus/deglazing

No probs. I think about Kenny Bob every time I see a Marauder. I don't dwell too much on things beyond my control. Now the things I can control, I wear myself out on those!

Angus, now you know why I keep telling guys not to try to jet from a recipe. Your motor told you what to do, and proved itself to be smarter than the smartasses who gave you the recipe, and unlike many, you were smart enough to understand what it was saying. Congratulations.

I very much doubt that you've fuel scoured your cylinders; when that happens the results are obvious, so if you have any doubts, check compression and keep an eye on oil consumption.

thanks, grizld1. im glad i was just being paranoid. but you never know, right?
now that its running WAY better, I plan on upping the mains one cylinder at a time until it breaks up, then back off to the last good jet, then do the other carb. then re-sync.
my compression was what i think is reasonable for a bike with 14xxx miles. 120#'s is best, and both my cylinders showed just under 120#'s.
funny enuf about being smart enuf- this suzi has always had a wierd rollon since i got it with 1k miles on it, I tryed adj needles, debaffle, and got it good enuf to ride for 13k miles, but its actually this site that gave me the skill set to work on my suzi.
When i got my xs, it was inpeices, and i had never ridden a stock 650, so i didnt know anything.
after getting my 650 rebiult and running smooth and strong, I tore in to my suzi.
You guys rock.
I actually started my 650 before this website, and had no idea about 650 rider, so all my early info was from 650tempboards.

the guys on the other site say the bigger jets dont work on my bike because the 'formula' calls for K&N clamp ons, and aftermarket open pipes.
I had a extra set of unifoams from a accedental double order for a pair for my 650, and I dont like straight pipes on my marauder. the bikes curves are too bubbly for just a tube. and they are loud enuf without the baffles.

Back