Australian ebay - have a go at this tool.....

Most eBay sellers are tools. They're only in it to make a buck. They don't know what they have, what it fits, where it goes, etc. Sometimes that works in your favor and you get a good deal on something the seller doesn't have a clue about. Wanna see something funny, search out "XS650 left side cover". Half the covers are right side ones, lol.

Most eBay sellers are tools. They're only in it to make a buck. They don't know what they have, what it fits, where it goes, etc. Sometimes that works in your favor and you get a good deal on something the seller doesn't have a clue about. Wanna see something funny, search out "XS650 left side cover". Half the covers are right side ones, lol.

Too true....but sometimes you get a half decent item as well - such as the TX500 cush drive wheel I scored yesterday.......:thumbsup:

hi guys a while ago i went to a garage sale in morwell victoria australia ,, and in amonst the junk were a set a cv38 carbys off a xs650 ,,there were a few top bolts missing but they were mostly complete ,,yep i paid $20 bucks ,, i was tickled pink at that price regards oldbiker

Yeah I lol'ed when I saw them. I know everyone is out to make money but come on !! He'd get $150 fairly easy for them here though...

You guys have to remember we don't have anywhere near as many xs650 over here and there still very sort after by people that restore them not just chop them... Complete bikes and even parts are quite hard to come by So when people have them they either wont sell them or they ask crazy prices for them and most of the time get it...

I see you guys getting complete running bikes for a few hundred dollars all the time (although I have noticed them starting to go up!). We have to pay $1000-$2000 for a total basket case that "May" run !!

And to be totally honest A lot of Aussies are Greedy money hungry pigs that want top dollar for every thing no matter what it is..

I may get flamed over that statement but it's the truth !!

I sold 2 sets of BS38's 4 months ago for around $70/set to a chap in Canberra.

This bloke is just out to troll for someone who doesn't know better.

$70 a set is good buying I reckon. I would have got a set myself for that money.

$500 for a set is just nuts.. like some bloke a few weeks ago trying to get $550 for a very adverage condition spoked rear wheel. LoL.

When I built my bike the carbs on it were shagged. I bought a remanufactured set that were as good as brand new and ended up basically plug and play as far as tuning went for $230 plus $60 shipped from US to Philippines with a guarantee. I didn't have to test the guarantee but expect it would have worked.
Guys in Australia really do have to pay top dollar every step of the way with motorcycles and put up with a lot of pricks in the process.

230 plus $60 shipped from US

I could be handy to know who they were if you remember.

I notice the auction has a 'Make Offer'. Send him an offer and links to a a couple sets with prices and see what he says.

It was Ebay seller, Spydercycleworks. I just looked on Ebay and see his average price has gone up and is now $335.
I bought mine over 2 years ago. Still a bargain when you look at this idiot's ad

Back