Axle mount license plate bracket

Unfocused

I Love Boobies
Reaction score
I been surfing around some parts sites looking for a plate mount. What size is the rear axle on the XS. I'm looking for a plate mount tail light combo that will work on my swingarm. Now from how they look I don't think the aluminum ones will work as the mounting boss looks to thick. Has anyone used the steel version and what size will I need?

Rear axle is 7/8. I just installed this one from TC Bros and it fit great.

616253_4325894864715_636631023_o.jpg

I have just made a bracket to hold the plate sideway like Ghetto's, but I am wondering how legal is it?

The rear axle on an xs650 is 20mm. You can always by a smaller one and drill it out.

I had one of those thick steel rounded type, off of ebay. It lasted for about 1000 miles till I got home once and found a metal stub off my axle. It broke along the weld. Luckily I could retrace my ride and found my plate and the rest of the bracket one the road.... after it got run over a bunch of times. I just think it was too heavy and the vibes on the rear end was too much for it.

The TC Bros all bolts together and there are no welds to break. Pretty cheap too. Under 70 with a tail light.

I have ran two different side mounts on my Harley. One I made from aluminum and it broke on a seam where I stopped milling it down to fit. The second was ordered and was a horizontal bracket and it broke where it was bent. Both held on my the brake light wiring going down the road. I had bad luck with the two I had. If you can attach to something that is farther forward or bolted from both sides of the plate you will be better off.

Back