Bad ass XS motocrosser

Steve C

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Couple years ago before getting my XS I saw this bike race in open class vintage motocross. This thing RIPPED. Do any of you northwesterners know about this bike?
It seemed like a father-son team, dad doing the wrenching and son doing the racing.
We only chatted for a minute but would like to know more details about the bike if anyone out there knows the owner or what’s been done to it.
Sadly these are the only pics I got. But they reward inspection...WTF is that carb & intake! Interesting spark plug boot guards, wish I got a better shot of the exhaust, ever seen a rear sprocket that big on an XS?
Any who, would love to hear more about this bike!
3A610F85-0107-4E9D-83E7-2A7AC9642B2B.jpeg
DCCD64C0-D1BB-4E0B-84A1-B43F81D0B9E0.jpeg

That's a serious intake system there. The hoops off the cam end covers had me wondering for a bit until I figured that it was to keep the plug caps on. That is quite a ride there.

Interesting. That thing had to weigh a ton tho.

+1 :laugh2:

There was a YouTube video floating around ( maybe more than one ) of XS based motocrossers racing in vintage class. If I remember correctly they did a great job of bringing up the rear! :laughing:
But they do sound cool.

The heaviest bike I ever attempted to take off-road was a 305 Honda "Scrambler". I was 20-ish, 6 feet tall and bullet proof and that thing just wore my ass out! The guys that "scrambled" on Trumpets, Beezers and Hardleys had to be some rugged sumbitches!

Washington State bike. My Shop manager races vintage motocross here in Woodland WA with all the old big name motocrossers and has talked about that XS. He says it flys smokin fast around the track.
See "Tyler Gaddy" face book page :)

The heaviest bike I ever attempted to take off-road was a 305 Honda "Scrambler

When I owned my Suzuki V-Strom it is marketed as an adventure bike with off-road potential, and some guys really do it. So I took mine down this very rugged Jeep Trail , 12 miles back to see a Dam. It was steep, loose and rocky, combined with spots of deep sand. That bike weighed almost 500 lbs and it just about beat me to death. :yikes: I don’t know how I managed to not crash! Gentle dirt roads would’ve been fine, but no serious stuff!
B7672F14-2766-4450-B5D5-8ACD549E085C.jpeg

Back