Bad relay cant find much info on

Port

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
What do yall call this componet? What does it actualy do? How do i test it? i couldnt find much on it.

IMG_0801.jpg IMG_0802.jpg
I bypassed the relay for the time being so that my starter works but id like to fix it o rreplace it. Bypassed it by using an extra 6prong plug i had and shorting the 2 red/white wires with the red/yellow on the harness

It's the safety relays. It keeps the starter motor from running after the engine is started.

It’s a pretty commonly bypassed system but they do pop up on eBay for pretty cheap. I almost replaced mine but opted for the “avoid button while in operation” method. On the bright side, since you’ve already bypassed it for now you can continue to ride until parts arrive! :cheers:

It's actually 2 relays, one for the starter as mentioned, the other for the headlight auto-on feature. The headlight may or may not work now depending on which wires you have jumpered together on the plug that the relay connected into.

What do yall call this componet? What does it actualy do? How do i test it? i couldnt find much on it.
Toss it. Save yourself some time and ride your bike. I don’t know about you but I’m not getting younger.
View attachment 139384 View attachment 139385
I bypassed the relay for the time being so that my starter works but id like to fix it o rreplace it. Bypassed it by using an extra 6prong plug i had and shorting the 2 red/white wires with the red/yellow on the harness

View attachment 139384 View attachment 139385

Back