Ball bearings in a carb?

frank

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 79 xs bobber andas I was tearing down the carbs I found two ball bearings beebee's if you will sitting right on top of the carb pistons? Are they supposed to be there and if so what purpose do they serve. Help please.

Thanks alot! yeah i don't know how they got there but they are out now. tomorrow i satrt reassembly of the carbs and manifolds!

maybe a previous owner thought he could richen up by making the slides a little heavier? voodoo?

Interesting, I was searching this site for the same reason. I bought an 80 xs with the carbs in a box with the pistons pulled out. The 2 bearings were in the box with the pistons and I could not figure out where they came from. Garys answer gave me a clue that they must be for the choke rod. I am guessing that they fit on top of the spring against the rod? BikeBandit does not show these on their schematic.

Yes and if you forget they are in there on disassembly they will give you some quality hands and knees time on the shop floor.

yeah. I actually have a set of knee pads for that purpose. Thanks for your help Gary.

Back