Battery choices... What's best for the XS?

OdysseusXS

XS650 padawan
Reaction score
Alrighty then, finally got delivery of my '82 heritage special. She's awesome (pictures to follow soon). However, the battery is acting like it's not far from death. What would the experienced voices in this forum suggest as a replacement? Cheers.

Shorai, Ballistic and Zero gravity are good small batteries and the 8 cell versions are half the size of the conventional and have enough cca for electric start.

A stock size replacement will be ok. Upgrading to a sealed battery is not a bad idea.

The big thing is to get a battery electrically at least as big as the stock battery. 14 amp/hour, 200 cca's.
Leo

I went with the shorai 210 CCA 8 cell version and I couldn't be happier. It's a great little battery, provided you charging system is in order. If not, it will ruin that $150 battery in no time. My suggestion would be to use the search function of the forum do some reading, and test your charging system, to make sure that the battery is indeed the real issue. If you put in a nice new battery, especially the sealed lithium types, low voltage from your charging system can ruin your battery, and you will be right back where you started with a bad battery.

I upgraded to an AGM battery. Paid $60 shipped from batterystuff.com

I've used them for years....always great batteries for reasonable money.

Back