Battery dies extremely quick.

Inline fuel filter from cycle gear melted on the right side and closed shut. Starved my right cylinder of fuel keeping it from firing. I'm cleaning that carb today and getting new fuel filters. Going to sync then as well. This is the second pair of plastic filters that I have personally seen melted. Going to get metal and glass ones this time around and try my luck. Also my brand new battery is spilling out onto my frame and eating away at the metal any suggestions on how to stop this?

Make sure the battery electrolyte is not above the high level. Lead acid batteries always have a vent to release hydrogen, but acid vapour can also get carried out the vent. Your bike originally had a rubber hose connected to the vent, and that vent runs downward below the engine to divert any acid away from the bikes components. Does your bike have the rubber vent hose?

I put new fuel filters on, cleaned the carbs, set the air mixture screws to the same on each carb, and it started up. After starting if I gave it too much gas it would hiss and die but if I went just enough it would begin to rev higher.

Failure to respond to throttle such as you have, usually means the pilot circuit is not flowing enough mixture. This thread is too long, so I'm not sure if you have looked at your pilot jets. Do you have the correct pilot jets for the carb set you are using? If they are to small or partially blocked, then engine is reluctant to rev up.

I checked the level and it looks fine. I think my bike is charging my battery too high. I am going to try and get it running so I can adjust the regulator.

As for the jets I took it out and cleaned it today. The right cylinder fired perfectly before so I know this setup works. I am going to fill my gas tank later today and try again.

I got the bike running. Turned my air mixture screws out three turns on each carb and set the idle screws at one and a half turns in. Didn't work. The buikd wants to shut down after a while. I added oil becuase it was low and until get the filter I just added to get it at the rightlevel.

I'm getting the same sputtering and intermittent ignition on the right side and if I pin the throttle quickly it hissed and choked the bike off.

I checked the level and it looks fine. I think my bike is charging my battery too high. I am going to try and get it running so I can adjust the regulator.

As for the jets I took it out and cleaned it today. The right cylinder fired perfectly before so I know this setup works. I am going to fill my gas tank later today and try again.

Sounds like you are referring to "1" jet per carb. There are 2 jets per carb, the small pilot jet and the larger main jet. What is the number on the pilot jet.................important to have the correct pilot size.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I took both carbs off the bike and cleaned everything in them. I also took out the main jet and the pilot that's in the float bowl. I'm going the make a video of the problem for you guys to look over. It should be up tomorrow :) I'll also get the jet sizes for you as well.

Here is a short video of my bike running. It started second kick. This is with 4/5 turn on the air mix screws. I also haven't gotten a chance to check the float height of the carbs or the size of my jets. After warming up it runs better but if I ever give it a fist full of throttle it will hiss at me and not give any response.

today i took the carbs off and set the float level to 24mm from the gasket seat to the top of the float looking straight across both floats. I then moved the needle clip to the middle slot. I think i should have left it alone though because now i cant seem to get it start or run without being on choke.

?

So as of now she is running. I am having a small problem getting my low end to pull. At around 3/4's throttle she starts to accelerate really good but in the low end she has nothing but noise lol.

Back