Battery terminal quick disconnect

Dunno, a couple of seasons ago I had an AGM go tits up within its warranty, I had it replaced and so far, so good.......mostly kick only - especially after sitting. Knocking on wood.

I wouldn't be adverse to having a quick disconnect as parasitic draws can be a nightmare to pinpoint.

You might be having an issue with condensation mixed with salt from the ocean air it could create a conductive path(s). Pure water is non conductive, salt water conducts pretty good.
Old school rubber cased batteries would discharge if left sitting on damp ground.

I use a Battery Fighter smart charger, same sort of thing as Optimate. Don't like the idea of leaving a battery on charge unattended, so the charger gets plugged in & switched on until the charge light goes green, then switched off and perhaps moved to a different bike. In Winter, I try to remember to charge all of the bikes about once a week. While the bikes are in frequent use, the charger is rarely deployed unless it occurs to me one of the bikes has been sitting for a few weeks without use.

Batteries usually last for years. Kawasaki W800, bought 2014, still on original. XS650 still on the one I fitted when I bought the bike in 2019. Both are MotoBatt.

I've had bad experiences w agm. I went back to lead acid. Also when agm dies or goes bad, that's it your not going to be able to kick start n limp home. Lead acid gives plenty of warning when it is on its way out.

Back