For Sale - beautiful 1978 xs650 special in Central wisconsin ($1950)

46ace

XS650 Member
Reaction score
(SOLD!)beautiful 1978 xs650 special in Central wisconsin SOLD! ($1950)

beautiful Blue
1978 Yamaha xs 650 special
(Non stock seat)
Otherwise:
beautiful stock blue,clean original!
$1950
Stock seat found:
IMG1441-M.jpg

$1950 ("Dealer":Wi residents will pay state tax and license fees)

Central Wisconsin dealer:
"S-K Service" in Hatley, Wisconsin: we have shipped across the country by"daily direct" in the past! Open: 9-6Mon-Fri 9-2 Sat; closed Sundays

(715) 446-2225

More pics:

http://motographer.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Yamaha-xs650/18175191_29cXXj

Last edited:
Nice...on the right side. Does it look as good on the left side? Got any images showing different angles, front, back, close-ups?

Mileage?

Thanks.

Will get some tomorrow ( Monday) barring rain. Thanks for the interest ;check back Tuesday.

21,722 miles.
Here you go folks; Same gallery over 80 images added tonight:
http://motographer.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Yamaha-xs650/18175191_29cXXj
Appreciate the interest please call the shop @ (715)446-2225 9-6(cst). m-fri; 9-2 Sat closed Sun. For further info.
(if you mouse to the right of the preview image you get the menu optiont o download small;medium ,large,Xlarge ; x2,x3 and original size images)
"original" is quite detailed.

Last edited:
I like the dark blue, but I don't see that this color or any Blue was offered by Yamaha in a '78E Special.

I could be wrong and will glad to be proven so, I just figured it was a custom paint job. Actually it was the color that caught my eye at first.

Thanks for the clarification!

Gonna check out the new images now....

You'd have to take the color up with the shop owner;I listed the info they gave me on it. ( who by the way ran the largest yamaha dealer in the area during those years and would know;They are big yamaha fanatics. I personally can't argue from facts ).

Last edited:
I like the dark blue, but I don't see that this color or any Blue was offered by Yamaha in a '78E Special.

I could be wrong and will glad to be proven so, I just figured it was a custom paint job. Actually it was the color that caught my eye at first.

Thanks for the clarification!

Gonna check out the new images now....

That's a stock OEM color called "Cobalt Blue" (sometimes listed as "Midnight Blue". Some of the I.D. guides reference it, some do not for 78 models. Some describe it as for the 79's However, I have one and have seen several others and know the color to have been supplied on a significant number of 78' XS 650 SE's "Specials" as well. Blue (as in regular old color blue)

Last edited:
SOLD! Its GONE "DOWN UNDAH": THANKS FOLKS SOLD TODAY!TO AN AUSTRALIAN AT THE DAVENPORT VINTAGE RACE/SWAPMEET!

Back