Bench buffer

Dico is the brand name, farm and fleet has them. Menards has the chinese knock off they are OK.

Gary,,or anyone else who cares.

I must say I'm quite impressed with these nylon wheels. The whole ride back from going and getting them my Son kept saying he could not see how they were going to work very well. I told him they were magic on a stick.

He tried them on a heavily corroded TX750 side cover. All he could say is ''magic on a stick''. :D

Is there any finer grades of the nylon wheels. We took the side cover to his buffer, as I don't have mine set up yet. He used just a sewn pad and some standard harbor freight black. It left a lot of scratches. Definitely not ready for the next step.

I told him we have to wait and get the magic on a wheel Sisal wheel. :laugh: Will the Sisal wheel and some good black emery rouge get rid of the scratches I'm seeing. Or do I need to try and find a finer nylon wheel, or do some sanding.

I suppose you could go to some 320 wet paper as an intermediate after the blue wheel. But yes I would see how you like the sesal wheel with black compound, it's much more aggressive than a sewn cotton wheel.

With the nylon wheels I like to get the corrosion gone then change the wheel direction and rework the area JUST until the cross scratches disappear, then switch to sisal.

I find the black compound will remove the scratches from 400 paper but not 320. I usually don't sand any finer than that.

Back