Bending your Tang

hard_y_rd

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Kinda silly question i know . Just got new brass floats. Going to bend them with a set of needle nose pliers modified a bit on the nose. Anyone have any other effective ways of doing it so it is precise.

i can't answer that as i've never bought new. however, it seems that non-mikuni made parts have a reputation of being lesser quality. not sure what you got. i would also recommend using the clear tube method after you have everything set. the tube don't lie.

Getting set up for the clear tube method. I got the floats and new needles and seats from 650 central. Think they're Mikuni.

New floats,needles and seat. Made the difference. Ran fuel through the carbs on the bench. They didn't leak. Fuel was right where it was supposed to be when i did the clear tube method. Now to try them on the bike...

Glad you have them working.
On the different bulbs not being the same, that can happen. In the adjustment procedure it should mention setting both the same before you bend the tang for the needle.
They can often be twisted.
Leo

Two thumbs up Hard y rd Will be waiting for the ride report......
I'm sure PEI is toasty warm.

Ride report? Bahhaahaaa. Still have a shit ton of snow here. Out bombing around on the Elan. Had a little mishap today in the deep powder. Check out the lack of left front ski.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 71
Visions of riding with the breeze between my knees. Lol
I know this should be on a sledding site but this is what keeps me going. Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg