Better to have re-phased and lost than never to have re-phased at all

Read some halfway decent reviews on these so I though I would give then a whirl. Handlebars have more vibration than the seat or the pegs so if they help even modestly it would be worth it IMHO.

mrriggs spot on... I know its a old thread, but ive started reading up on the feedback regarding the 277 rephase.

Great writeup and as stated spot on, I share the exact same feeling about the engine. The rephase for me is a huge plus. Im running a bike with thin vintage gribs and pratic b throttle and seat is flat and only 3cm foam and rear suspension is hard as rock, its harley shocks, so vibes would be instant felt and I dont feel anything besides a small buzz, (thats when my iphone rings) LOL :laugh: no seriously, the vibration is allmost not present this is in every gear and when it is standing and idle.

Ill try out perhaps a 270 rephase, but gonna read up on that :bike:

When i was assembling my 270 motor i noticed the rephased cam is not ballanced, the stock cam being symetrical as far as lobe centers, i am currently trying to figure how to ballance the 270 one. My figuring is that is what causes the buzzyness. Any one got thoughts on this?

The stock cam is not balanced. Well, maybe you could static balance it but you couldn't dynamic balance it without welding on counter weights.

There is really no need to balance a camshaft, especially on a non-counterbalanced parallel twin. The cam lobes don't have much mass and that small mass is close to the center of rotation. Plus, the cam spins at half the speed of the crankshaft. Any vibration it presents is a drop in the bucket compared to the vibration from the crankshaft and reciprocating assembly.

Back