Bezel removal and gauge repair 70-83

Jakob, putting my tach back together was the first thing I did to my bike when I got her. It had been shaken to pieces.

It's really not too bad, but it does take patience to get the ring off. I was able to get it off without ripping it and put it back on, too. Just slowly and steadily working your way around the rim, over and over and over, the band will open.

I used a combination of a variety of tools. Screwdrivers, awls, etc. Sharp at the beginning to get under the lip, more blunt as room was made for it. The blunter the tool, the less likely you'll rip it.

Thanks for the help guys. My main problem with the ones I was given with the bike is that when I went to test the speedo, it wouldn't turn but instead just got caught and twisted the speedo cable itself. There's something wrong underneath. The needle is bent at an angle from the screw it's on as well so I'm concerned it's something more challenging to fix, unless you guys think maybe it's something I can do which of course would be great because I'd love to save the money. I've really spent a lot more than I though I would haha but I want to return her to a decent rendition of her former glory.

i cut the ring off my tach after reading about a repair using 4inch heat shrink tubing. now i am having trouble getting this and i may have to buy 4ft for a 1inch job:wtf:

Back