Bike has spark but wont run.

Biddington

XS650 Member
Reaction score
trying to get my 1973 tx650 to run, it has spark and its getting fuel but it wont run?? The spark that i am getting isnt very big thought. Anything ideas on what i can try would help alot. thanks

get new spark plugs and caps, if the plugs are new check the gaps, set points gap then the timing, check to make sure you have a healthy battery...

ya i checked the gap and they were good, it has new plug wires, ill get new plugs and check the timeing and the points gap and see what happens.

thanks!

Did you have the advance rod out or the advance unit disassembled for cleaning? If so it's possible to reinstall things and get the timing 180° off. You'll still see spark, it's just happening at the wrong time.

so i have it narrowed donw to the bike not getting fuel. I though it was but clearly it wasnt because, i took the plugs out and put a little gas in each cylinder, and then it started until it ran out of fuel. so im gonna take the carbs apart and see whats going on. your guys imput was greatly appreciated.

thanks.
stephen

Back