Bike keeps dying?????

motorbreath

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have a 1981 xs650, i just installed the standard pamco ignition and a PMA from hughs, and with that i had a capacitor from TC BROS, which has a button and im curious as to what that button does, but anyway my bike worked fine the first two weeks after install the all of the sudden it started to shit out on me, its like its misfiring and then it just diesss wondering if it could be the capacitor or coil? im just getting irritated right now with it, ive done a lot to this bike for the past 3 years and i want to ride it to the tail of the dragon but how can i ride if it doesn't want to run! :banghead:
Advice please and thank you!!!!

Vacuum leak?
Bad battery?
Any leaks?
Valve gap?
These are all things I'd go over

no vacuum leaks, no battery only a capacitor, valve gaps good just did those about 3 months ago, ill get a battery and try that then but would it still charge the battery inplace of the capacitor?

Well, I would hope so. What you'll be looking for is possible overvoltage, which would point to the regulator, and possible damage to the ignition. If the voltage is proper and stable, then the cap would be suspect...

Back