Bike lift What is a good brand / model? Looking to buy

YamahaRD400

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am getting to old and tired to be rolling on my garage floor while working on my XS. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a Bike lift? I am looking at an air lift with the extensions, rear wheel drop out and front vice. etc etc

There seems to be a lot out there and the prices vary. I would like to get a good one.

Let me know if you have any input, good or bad.

Thanks

Just bought the harbor freight lift, its very solid and well built. You can also use a 20% coupon with the other coupon that jidizon posted.
It's not an air lift though, and I would get rid of the stock wheel chock and put a better on there.

What they say, after way too many decades without, I would never give mine up. File/grind the sharp corners off the platform BEFORE you tear your jeans. I took the vice off and don't miss it.

I also bought a Kendon (stores on end) lift off craigslist this year, the guy had a harbor freight lift he was keeping, I should have known. I have yet to find any part of the Kendon lift that I like or that is comfortable and in a lot of cases even safe to use. POS

I have the Harbor Freight one also. Make sure to top off the hydraulic oil first thing, mine was underfilled from the factory when I got it.

046.jpg

I like the Harbor Freight lift. I also agree with Tom O that the wheel chock leaves a lot to be desired. I made two 6'x 16"x 6" platforms using 2x6s and plywood with a handle on each end. When I put the bike up on the stand or take it off, it gives me a wider platform. Once the bike is up or down, I move them out of the way.

Thanks for all of the great advise. I ended up buying a pro lift 1200 off of an equipment place in NH, next door from me in Mass. It is rated for 1200lbs and should hold my Goldwing 1800 along with my RD and XS. If anyone is looking I recommend it http://www.nhproequip.com/pro-1200se-motorcycle-lift

Here it is with my RD on it.

View attachment 38133

Looks good, I don't have a compressor right now, so an air lift was out for me. Are those side extensions removable? Looks wide with the bike on it

Back