bike shipping info needed

toddmurdoch

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new here and Ive decided an xs650 is going to be my next project (my kawasaki, is as cool as possible to get it so Ive lost interest)

I Live in alaska, and I realize that if i buy a bike on the classifieds here its going to be a little spendy to get it here (willing to spend a few bucks of course.

Just had a few questions about bike shipping in general.

1.what all options have you guys had luck with (i think id need to get it to seattle to span alaska) what are the options to get it that far?

2.DO most sellers on the classifieds seem willing to ship or is that a rarity?

3. Im unsure of how title stuff goes as far as changing states anyifo onthat would be fantastic.

Thanks alot if youve got5 any info, if not thanks for reading.
Todd

3. The title stuff is state specific. Call your local dmv and find out what they need from you for you to get an Alaskan title.

3+n. A female friend of mine living in Alaska bought a car on ebay from Oklahoma where she's from, flew down, and drove it back to Alaska. I assume her brother or father went and checked it out for her, but I don't know that for sure.

2. I think you'd have a hard time getting most sellers to agree to ship something to Alaska. There may be special cases, but the average guy selling his bike on ebay won't be that.

But - if your shipper picked it up, no problem; except extreme expense. So treat it like a local pickup and have your shipper pick it up. That's better than requiring the seller to do the same in reverse.

I sold a bike to a guy in Florida and I live in Maine. What he did was post a ad in the Maine craigslist looking for someone driving to Florida then kicked them a few hundred. I thought it was sketchy as heck, but it all worked out at the end...

I just used JCMotors for 2 bikes bought on the East Coast for one and the other in CO... I am in San Francisco CA and both experiences were far from great: positioning of the bikes not available on Internet as advertised, delays of up to 2 weeks, not a word of excuses and no customers service whatsoever ... Bikes were finally well delivered on their special pallet but I do not recommend this to anyone!!!
Philippe

Back