Bike Stalled after 15 minute ride and wont start

stanleyxs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i just finished my 83 bobber build. kick only. got it wired and running yesterday. took it out for a spin and it was running great. made a couple stops and it started right up. rode a little further maybe 10 minutes and bike died. wont kick over now. i tried to roll start it and that didnt work. lights work but seem dim. i dont have a volt meter to test the battery but wouldn't it start without the battery on a roll? maybe i have a charging issue? looking for the best suggestions before i go spending a bunch of money.

First step is to go pick up a multimeter somewhere. They aren't very expensive. I got mine for around $20 and it has been a great help. I would say it sounds like a charging issue though.

Don't spend money except for a VOM, read the charging guide first, the TCI is REAL snotty about having enough volts. If you eliminated the headlight relay the headlight draw will quickly bring the voltage from a weak battery below what the TCI needs. Did you do any welding with the TCI still on the bike?

Back