black 4' under springer

jefft

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone running a 4 under springer. Have heard some negative reviews on the DNA's. What is a better quality springer in that size?
jefft

The part of the DNA that is know to fail, is the front half. There are replacement wishbones for them, which essentially fixes the weak point, and improves the looks. This brings the price of the DNA up to the $700-$1000 range. Other than that, you're likely to spend more on a new springer, and not likely to find a 4 under vintage springer, since most were used on stretched choppers.

If your trying to spend $500 or less, its gonna be nearly impossible to find a quality new springer. Btw, 4 under is only about 2 inches shorter than a stock xs650 front end.

Liked the stance of the bike entitled "thug life" if you remember the bike. There is pictures of it here and it was a 4 under. Couldn't find a 4 under on acmechoppers website.
jefft

Liked the stance of the bike entitled "thug life" if you remember the bike. There is pictures of it here and it was a 4 under. Couldn't find a 4 under on acmechoppers website.
jefft

I'm running a DNA 4" under on one of my bikes. I had the rockers inverted but it was to low up front. It really depends on the rear tail drop. Reverting it makes my bike sit level

I guess I was wrong...

5747976.jpg

3223.jpg

WOW

I think if i were to get a springer I will stay away from the DNA

you could get seriously hurt if something like that happens

Even if the chance of that happening is less than 1%... its not worth it to ME. I dont have the best luck, and id be that guy.

Definitely some better ones made out there but the chances of getting hit by a car or getting hit by lighting are greater than that happening unless your ride like evil kenevil or do stupid shit lol

Back