Bleeding Rear Brake - not working!

AirsoftNY

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was able to get my front brake done in about 10 minutes. But when I moved on to the rear brake, I'm unable to get any pressure/resistance at the pedal.

New rear MC, new brake lines, and a rebuilt rear caliper. The piston is not frozen. I'm using a speed bleeder and I'm assuming the system is filled (I have a hose into a jar of brake fluid and I pumped the pedal to the point that bubbles stopped appearing, about 10 mins or so). Despite that I'm getting no rear braking.

Help! Am I missing something?

I know some of you guys run no front brake, but I don't want to be the guy running no REAR brake. :doh:

Thanks

Aaron

If you fill the line ahead of time it makes the process go a bit quicker I did my front without filling the line and it took a good hour to get the fluid through I also was using a speed bleeder

Downer,

I'm getting brake fluid out of my speed bleeder, I thought that meant my line was filled, is that not correct?

tx

It comes out very slowly at first then when you get the pressure in there you can probably pump all the fluid out of the mc in like five pumps just keep it up and tap the mc it will go through

On my rear brake I took all the system off. M/C, lines and cliper. Bled it on the bench. The way the line from the resivour to the M/C when mounted has a high spot that is hsard to get fluid to go over.
I held the rersivour up, held the M/C so the hose was straight. Bled fluid to the M/C with my finger over the banjo bolt hole. Got fluid hooked the line to the M/C. bled the line. Hooked the caliper. Bled the caliper.
With out taking anything apart I put it all back on the bike. One final bleed on the bike and everything works fine.
Leo

Back