Blew a Plug

I put a rubber hose on the plug and screw the plug until hand tight and then I put a wrench on the plug to snug up. I always use never-sieze on the threads but make sure you do not get any on the elctrode because it is conductive.
Try this: lay a half-inch bead of anti-seize on a piece of wood or glass and use your multimeter to check how conductive it is.

Try this: lay a half-inch bead of anti-seize on a piece of wood or glass and use your multimeter to check how conductive it is.

That's a terrible test, guaranteed to fail.

If you need a test then make it a realistic one - take a bolt and coat it, then screw a nut down tight on it. Measure conductivity from the bolt to the nut. You won't see any increase in resistance at all, because of the metal to metal friction.

Fosters /Carlton United Brewers (CUB ) Is no longer Australian owned & there talk of dropping some beer lines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Bitter

I've been to Darwin, Brisbane and Townsville. What a beautiful country. Damn I loved it!!
I did like the Carlton Cold too, but the VB was great. Isn't Foster's Canadian or something? I remember an Aussie telling me this when I was there. I need to go back.

yeah, telll me about it. my beer market ran ace of spade ipa made by hub brewery for only a short while. Tasted like a rich ipa with a shot of whiskeyin it. mmmmmmmmmm.......guesse I gota wait till next spring.
Now as far as anti-sieze, dont let 5twins hear you guys. I prefer no sieze while fine tunning. plug chops getmessy. once my bike is all buttoned up for the season, a lite dab on the threads. it will coat the other threads as you tighten. no torque wrench until final install.

That's a terrible test, guaranteed to fail.

If you need a test then make it a realistic one - take a bolt and coat it, then screw a nut down tight on it. Measure conductivity from the bolt to the nut. You won't see any increase in resistance at all, because of the metal to metal friction.
I respectfully disagree with your characterizing my suggestion as "a terrible test, guaranteed to fail". It's just a simple demonstration that anti-seize compound is non-conductive, with no context of "pass" or "fail" involved. IMHO, people who use it should know that. Spark plugs ground both through their crush washers and their threads, so having it on the threads should not compromise spark strength.

The nut & bolt test you suggest duplicates this effect; i.e., turning a nut down tightly on a bolt brings direct metal-to-metal contact between the bottom of the bolt head and the "top" of the nut. I'll try it with a non-conductive material between the bolt and nut - wood or plastic - and see what my meter shows. If it shows zero resistance in the presence of a intervening nonconductive compound, to me that would suggest direct metal-to-metal contact somewhere between mating threads.

You're right - even bolting thru an insulating material (I tried wood), there's no measurable increase in resistance due to anti-seize - friction probably shears it off somewhere between mating threads to give a spot of metal-to-metal contact - just a very small point of contact would be enough.

^Yep, where there's friction there's electrical contact is the rule of thumb given to me by a guy who invented a kind of connector that's in wide use today. I don't know the mechanics that make the rule of thumb so.

This topic has as many opinions as a 'what oil do i use' thread. Im scared. hold me wally!!
the rule of thumb is that you cannot beat your wife with a twitch thicker than your thumb.
have a cold one on me ,Wally!!

Back