Blinker switch

Sub xs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'v got a 79 xs theres fue wires idn witch ones do what it yellow and red and yellow and white and a brown and white and a fue other wire Idn there's r two green a black the two blue we're for the head like

Thanks, jd750ace, I was looking for a complete diagram that showed the colours (and in colour) - and like sub xs650 I was wondering what those wires on the switch went to (I think there are 7 or 9 wires).

Anlaf

The two blue one r the headlight along with the yellow and liter green the pink is the horn and after that I'm lost lol

left handlebar switch
I'm sure this is correct.
But I would double check it just to make sure I'm right.
Dg--dark green---right turn
Ch--dark brown---left turn
Br/W--brown/white---power in flasher
Y/R--yellow/red---flasher cancelling unit
P--pink---horn
Y--yellow---high beam
G--green---low beam
L/G--blue/green---reserve lighting
Y/B--yellow/black---also goes to reserve lighting and high beam and indicator light

what I found weird was the diagram (from the link) has no ground going to the handlebar switch ( the ground is next to the pink on the switch it looks like a 3 pronged fork but the B-black wire seems to have been left off the diagram) it has to be grounded for the horn to work the pink will ground the horn to make it work.

I've read this thread a few times and I'm having a hard time deciphering most of what Sub xs650 is saying.
His spelling and abbreviations are terrible. Can any one say spell check.
Leo

I do have spell check but it on the iPad it sead it's ok lol sorry I try to spell it the best I can school never helped with that

Back