Bobber Build

Just a few small updates, got the kickstand chopped and re welded, got the front calipers mounted, and shoehorned the motor in. Sorry for the little updates, I just get excited at progress and want to share :thumbsup:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTktMjAxMTAyMjMtMTkwNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDAtMjAxMTAyMjMtMTkwNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDEtMjAxMTAyMjMtMTkwNS5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:
Got moar parts!

First I got an older sporty tank, not sure of the year, or how to mount it, but it looks good! Lol.

Also got an Ultima seat off ebay, came with brackets, springs, and hardware :thumbsup:

And got some superbike bars from a local bike shop. Bike is coming together, and looking just how I wanted it to. Anyways, PICS!!!

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTctMjAxMTAzMjgtMTE0Mi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTgtMjAxMTAzMjgtMTE0Mi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTktMjAxMTAzMjgtMTE0My5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMjAtMjAxMTAzMjgtMTE0My5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMjEtMjAxMTAzMjgtMTE0My5qcGc.jpg

Gotta start workin faster, spring is coming and there are lots of bikes riding around already!!

Thanks guys, waitin for more parts from mikes so I can start working on the electronics. Also gonna be orderin pegs soon :D

Ordered my pegs from durgamk, +1 for him, these things look great! Also got my rear sprocket, oil sump filter, and long clutch rod from mikes. And got my drop spacers from hugh. Im so glad there are so many people that love building these bikes and selling there products! Anyway, pics.

Here are the new pegs, and brackets I made.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTctMjAxMTA0MjUtMTg0NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTgtMjAxMTA0MjUtMTg0NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTktMjAxMTA0MjUtMTg0Ni5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNjAtMjAxMTA0MjUtMTg0Ni5qcGc.jpg

I got some other stuff done last night too, mounted my sprocket and chain so I can build my electronics box. Also lowered my kickstand a bit more, and reworked the little p$#%s looking thing that sticks off the end. It was dark, and I only got a finished product pic, but you know what it normally looks like.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNjQtMjAxMTA0MjUtMjEwOS5qcGc.jpg

Hopefully a few more long nights in the garage and it will be ridable!

Looks like it is coming along nice.

Hope your not going to leave that bracket square like that…….some nice rounded corners at least. Sweet pegs and lever, pity I want forward controls.

No, the bracket will not stay that way. Im just waiting to get it welded before I round off the top corners. And the pegs are universal, just build your own forward brackets and bolt them on.:thumbsup:

that looks really decent, the way you did your kickstand. Did you bend it, too? or just shorten?
Thanks for sharing the pics, it's great seeing how people get this stuff done.

I shortened it in 2 spots, I cut it off right below where the spring attaches and welded the foot back on right under it(in my last update pics look at the 4th pic down and you can see this very well). But it still sat too upright, so I took another 1/8 or so out just below where it mounts to the frame, no bending.

Yes, stock wheels with dual xs1100 sloted front rotors/calipers, and xs850 sloted rear rotor and stock caliper.

Yep, all 650, 750, 850, and 1100 front mag wheels are the same. And all have tabs on the forks for 2 front brakes. My front wheel is actually off an 1100, i got it with the rotors. And I just had to buy an 1100 front brake set up, and it all just bolts on.

If I remember right all rear rotors and calipers are all the same, but the wheels and caliper brakets differ cuz only 650's were chain drive, the rest were shaft drive and had different swingers.

If your looking into it just get a whole 850 or 1100 dual front brake set up, the master cylinder piston sizes are different with dual front brakes because of the extra fluid being displased. Basically if I tried to use my stock brake master I would have to pull the lever really far to actually get the front to work.

Also some higher model 850 and 1100 had slotted rotors for extra bling :D

Well I got my powder in the mail so I started powdercoating my small parts, all I have at work is a toaster oven so the big stuff will have to wait till my day off so I can use the big oven at home with out my wife knowing:laugh:

Here is my "professional" powdercoating station...
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNjktMjAxMTA0MjgtMDgzMS5qcGc.jpg

And here are my freshly coated peg brackets.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNzEtMjAxMTA0MjgtMTI0Mi5qcGc.jpg

Hmm, I havent looked into it. But we have coated things before in that little toaster oven, and cooked in there after and had no problems.

I would stop that. I have read many times to have a dedicated oven Outside. The off gases are bad for you and I believe the reason for a dedicated non-cooking oven is that the powder can stick to the side and coat the oven, but I will get back to you on that.

Back