Bobber Build

Tell us some more about the powdercoating system your using maybe some pics of the process and equipment other than the oven which is self explanatory I think.

Well its just a harbor freight powdercoater my friend picked up from a pawn shop for like $50, and well the toaster oven. It works pretty good, you can pretty much powdercoat anything up to the size of your oven.

My tires are just stock sized Dunlop D404's. My front wheel came with the brand new tire, so I just bought the rear to match.

Got mu battery tray/electronics storage worked out... I didnt really want a fake oil bag for my electronics, cuz I want to put some sort of a pouch there to keep my wallet, phone, insurance, regusteration, ect. And I didnt just want them out in the open, so.......

Here is the battery tray side view:
utf-8BSU1HMDAzODEtMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyMC5qcGc.jpg

Here is a top-ish view(notice the ignition box):
utf-8BSU1HMDAzODUtMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyMS5qcGc.jpg

Here it is w/o battery, nice and hidden:
utf-8BSU1HMDAzODYtMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyMi5qcGc.jpg

Probibally wondering where my reg/rec is huh? Well when I unbolt my battery box this is under it:
utf-8BSU1HMDAzODctMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyNC5qcGc.jpg

Straight on side view:
utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTEtMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyNS5qcGc.jpg

And an up-skirt shot:
utf-8BSU1HMDAzODktMjAxMTA1MTAtMTgyNC5qcGc.jpg

And the battery strap:
utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTItMjAxMTA1MTAtMTk0MC5qcGc.jpg

Once I shorten the wires on them and reinstall the plugs my wire harness will plug right in. Wire harness will have to wait as it will be run through the frame so I have to finish welding everything.

Only a few things left :D Gettin warmer here and I have already missed a few good days of riding. Hopefully it will run before may is over...

Well got some more stuff done, some smaller things like installing my 1 piece clutch rod, and shortening the harnesses on my ignition box and regulator.(No pics of this)

I got my fender mounted and my brake arm done finally. The fender is just my stock front one trimmed a bit, and the brake arm is a 1in piece of solid rod I found in the corner of my garage, worked out pretty good. Also got my blingy gold chain on there.
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTEtMjAxMTA1MjctMjIwNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDktMjAxMTA1MjctMjIwNC5qcGc.jpg

Then tonight I got started on my shifter linkage, this is still very crude, but you get the idea.
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDYtMjAxMTA1MjctMjIwMC5qcGc.jpg

I was pretty bummed to have to modify that pretty arm the durgam made, but there was no other option.

Got my rear master in the mail, so next is to install it and build the link for that...

Those are 3in seat springs, and I have a 2in stretch. Its a 110 link chain with 2 links removed, so I'm 4 links over stock. You were half right aussie, the other guy just ordered a 1in stretch tail.

Thanks Aussie, I must have missed his previous post. I have a 4' stretch, and I dont think 120 link count will be long enough, could you confirm or point me in the right direction?? (Not tryin to steal the thread or anything)

Alright, I have been rallying to get it done now that the weather is really nice here.

First... Wiring, Modified the harnesses on my ignition, and reg/rec, also built my 2 wiring harnesses from the motor to these 2 parts.
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTgtMjAxMTA2MDMtMTkyMC5qcGc.jpg

Then I finished up the shift linkage.
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjEtMjAxMTA2MDQtMTg1Mi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjItMjAxMTA2MDQtMTg1My5qcGc.jpg

And mounted my rear master, and built the link for that too.
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTktMjAxMTA2MDQtMTg1Mi5qcGc.jpg

Bend is so I can still use the kick start:thumbsup:
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjAtMjAxMTA2MDQtMTg1Mi5qcGc.jpg

Not much left, just gotta mount the tank and coil!

That's a good point, I didn't notice that before you said it. It probibally would have looked pretty silly if I had just done it straight...

Well I tore it down to frame last night to mount the tank and coil. Brought my forks into work today to lower them.

Torn down with 1" drop spacer on
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjYtMjAxMTA2MDktMTMwOC5qcGc.jpg

Stock vs. dropped
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjctMjAxMTA2MDktMTMzOC5qcGc.jpg

And both done
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjgtMjAxMTA2MDktMTQ1MC5qcGc.jpg

Fork gators are actually just some old power steering rack boots, just trimmed to fit around upper tube, they fit around the bottom perfect. May not be ideal, but cant argue with free!

Welp, finally done fabbing... I think. Got my tank mounts, and coil mount done. So all I have to do is drill some holes for wiring, paint, and reassemble. (and buy filters, and plug wires, and a headlight, and rebuild my carbs, and ???????????) Setting a goal to ride before this time next week(only half a month past my first goal...) Im worn out/rambling via keyboard, time for moar beer.

Just for fun a blury pic of the frame don-ish... heavy on the ish:laugh:
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjktMjAxMTA2MDktMjAzOS5qcGc.jpg

Back