bolt on mids to exhaust mounts?

I make them up and sell them and any pegs will work as long as you can bolt them from the end. I use TCB controls on most of my bikes and my mids bolt right up to them.

Attachments

• peg 2.JPG
    peg 2.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 260
  • org2.jpg
    org2.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 351
  • org3.jpg
    org3.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 291
I like G&Ls mid set up with the brake pivot built in although I have called and emailed them and got nothing? anyone know another way to get ahold of them?

I have a feeling Ill be making my own

Just got to keep calling them. They need a secretary for real there.

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Send them back and i will refund your money. I have sold over 40 of these and you are the first to say that . I don't check everyone that is made Sorry about that SEND it BACK
Ironsled
Can you send them back to me so i can see them .I just looked at the frame jig that they are made on and its straight but you know that the front hole is in a little from the rear and you may need to put a washer behind the front hole.But anyway i will cover the shipping back if you email me again with your PAYPAL. Got to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Email me at RGRANT51@aol.com

Last edited:
if they are busy enough to the point that they need a secretary, then hire a frickin secretary, instead I gotta keeping calling them? even though I left a message? and I emailed them? Must be nice not to need any money

if you have a problem with them go somewhere else.. i necer understand why people spend so much time complaining about someone when they probably could have found what they want elsewhere.

if you have a problem with them go somewhere else.. i necer understand why people spend so much time complaining about someone when they probably could have found what they want elsewhere.

I thought it would be customary to discuss it with the supplier first before complaining to the world.

Not to throw fuel on the fire but i called G&L the other day and it was picked up on three rings and i used the number from the web site. I think thats the only number i got.But this is the busy time for all builders. My phone rings off the hook all day and i am pissing alot of guys off and sending them to other builders because i just can't get everyone done in ride time. I have been doing this since the 70's and every year same thing happens PEOPLE get TAX REFUND and want there bike built /fixed/changed whatever. If i had all the parts in front of me i can build a bike in 3 days but that never happens in the real world and now this year with vendor being out of stock it hurts big time to get the bikes done.Right now i am 3 weeks behind and working 6 days a week but i will get everyone riding that i said i would. A lot of vendors that make things to sell may only make some to test to see how they sell not 50 not 100 only a few. So you have to plan on that time or make something else to hold you over to ride until its build and shipped to you. I like there controls and i also use TCB and two other vendors to get the bikes done. So give them another try they are good guys to deal with JUST BUSY.
IRONSLED77 Still waiting for you email??????

Dude IRONSIDE77 you just email me and you are saying my shit is crooked and you don't even own a set you are going off picture and you make your own. What up with that. I am tearing a new hole in my guys that make them and you are looking at a PICTURE????????
DUDE THATS WRONG YOU COST ME TIME AND MONEY THINKING THAT I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
YOU SAY BRACKET CROOKED AS FUCK AND HOW CAN I SELL IT.
You need to double check before you insert your foot in your mouth i took you serious that we were doing something wrong.

I dont post much but had to chime in here. I bought a pair from DaddyG and they bolted up just fine. The holes arent supposed to be even on the bottom. Used some anderson style pegs and Im happy with the outcome.

Agreed with ontherocks, having just built my own bracket the holes are not level on the bike, therefor the holes on the bracket will not be level...

Also this guy makes universal pegs/shifter/brake things...
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5160
Just gotta build your own bracket, or buy one from daddyg. I just ordered my pegs on friday, just gotta finish my brackets when they get here...

I am ordering some from him to I like what he is doing and going to make mids and forward bracket to fit them. DUDE's got SKILLS and i like to feed money to everyone.
If you got pictures of yours with my bracket i would love to see. ALL WAYS LEARNING even if i am as old as DIRT. HAHA I would love to get TRAVIS or someone from this site to get up a fund and build a bike from all the parts that guys make on here and then sell the bike when completed to a CHARITY that we all agree on. I would throw some money and parts at it. Years ago i did it for the Childrens HOSIPTAL in PHILLY and it went over big.

My random idea of the day on this.

I'm in the search of mids currently too. I found out that the stock horn bracket off my 80' fits the exhaust mounting holes pretty well. Already has a decent offset, but would need some heating and bending to get a good postion for a foot peg option to line up. But seems sturdy enough.

You can buy the flat stock at any HOMEDEPOT or LOWES or any trailer SUPPLY
Make up a pattern out of cardboard and transfer to metal. The two holes have to be right on because you want a tight fit and then just space the front hole with one or two washers to make it line up perfect. I have sold over 40 sets in the last year at $45.00 a set and use TCB or any peg that has a thread on the end. You can also use the stock pegs by welding them on too. Its just the look that you want. I have done them with stock brake pedal and stock pegs welded up for under $75.00 in parts total . I am out of stock on them now but will be making up about 25 set very soon for sale. I also make the plates for the forward controls and making plates up now for HARLEY master cylinder with mids or forward for disk brakes I will post pictures soon. So you can buy universal controls from people and mount to my plate and master cylinder for a great clean look.

Hey wannagcycles I didn't email you. You pm'ed me. I removed my comment so if anyone wanted to buy your garbage its up to them. Then you got the nerve to still talk shit. I wouldnt pay 45 bux for a crooked under cut non symmetrical piece of flat plate. Judging by your qualityof work I wouldn't say you lost to much money with your "wasted time":thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Back