Boots for Riding !

Large dogs that love to chase motorcycles are a constant danger in town.
If one is running at you across a yard, slow down and let him plot his trajectory for that speed and when he gets a few feet away hit the gas and leave him in the dust :)

I know you Texas boys know why cowboy boots are so smooth....

boots.jpg

Texas Two Step of course!
1992.jpeg

And remember what Jerry Jeff said, "and them Limey eyes they were eyeing the prize, some people call manly footwear"

Sliding is a recommended way to minimize injury when going down. Going in to a roll will break bones and there is a higher risk of a permanent disability. The choice may be taken away due of the nature of the situation.

Bob I'm am please you think, and i agree, protective gear should be at the uppermost of a riders mind, i do question a statement you posted the other day about not replacing your 15 year old tyres and riding the bike, even if they are short trips, before replacing them. Safety and avoiding a crash starts from the ground up.

On a roadtrip, I use decent hiking boots with wool socks and polypro liners. this recipe is carryover from my scoutmaster days and is very effective. I've tried Doc Martens and found them to be slick. john

Hi Skull !
Well if I was rich I'ed replace the tires before I ever rode it even though their only a little cracked (but cracked all the way around on the side wall on both sides ...front and rear.) but seeings as I doubt I'll have the money to replace both tires this YEAR yet alone anytime soon
I figure I will ride it anyway..... I am keenly aware that the tires don't grip the road like they should however and take my corners very carefully as well as give myself extra room in breaking...... I'm far from "Up to snuff" in getting the feel of riding after 4 years of no bike
and figure it may take me all summer just to get comfortable on the thing once again....
but your absoultly Right !!!! if the siduation was different I'ed change the tires imediately but I'm lucky to afford food at this rait ! so it's gott'a wait..... buying the seat was a mistake as we couldn't afford it and now we pay the price... but that's how it goes...first your money then your clothes ! LOL.
Bob....

Getting used to riding again and a new bike is even more of a reason to get new tyres..........But hey it is your life... maybe someone else's as well.....no more preaching............you'll just have to hope Fred doesn't find your post..lol

Bob keep an eye on CL, people end up with good new tires they don't need all the time. I keep trying to find the ideal riding shoes. Haven't yet. Same thing goes for coat and pants. On a couple of road trips last year I wore my steel toed "work boot" lace ups.

I used to have a pair of Sidi boots that were more of a racing style. They were waterproof and so comfortable, that I could wear them for any situation and they were perfect. I sold them a while back, bought a similar pair of Sidi's, but these ones chew up your ankles if you try to walk in them for more than a couple minutes, plus they're not waterproof. For comfort and rain protection I bought a pair of the cheaper waterproof boots from cyclegear. They're very comfortable and I've been pretty happy with them. Not this exact pair since mine are a few years old, but similar.... https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-torrent-waterproof-boots

Lately, just because I've grown tired of the Mr. Rogers routine every morning when I get to work, I picked up a pair of Doc Marten 8eye boots so I don't have to change into normal shoes when I'm here, and they're perfectly comfortable to walk around in all day. The bottoms even have a more normal low-profile tread, instead of the normal aggressive combat boot tread that doesn't always play well with motorcycle pegs. Sometimes they get a little hot on warmer days. It would be nice to own a pair of vented riding boots for summer, and I'm not looking to get too high maintenance haha.

Back