Boretech electrtonic ignition.

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
For those looking for an alternative to any other systems out there, i recently purchased one and it is a very nice unit. Can be had with Adjustable rev limiter (for more $), and you can advance or retard the idle timing with buttons once the backing plate is set. Very nice instructions that are simple to follow also.

I bought this one over petes merely because supply and demand has been so high they are hard to get and the camshaft i had was from an 81 so it has no internal bushings and i had no advance rod etc. So it was somewhat close in price to the mikes h.o. kit minus the fact i had to buy a 40$ seca 900 coil from local salvage.

Also running a single bs-34 with this ignition, idles and revs well on the stand, street under load will require some tuning im sure. i will get to some pics within a day or two here.

78 motor has 3rd over, 81 cam and trans, new rods, single bs-34 with one of xsjohns needles in it, and a bore-tech ignition, cant wait to drive it.

I'd be interested in seeing the pics, and reading your opinion on how the system performs. Not knocking Pete's system at all, as I know it is a great system, but I am interested in running an ignition with electronic advance vs mechanical off the cam so I can run a PMA at some point. Plus my bike being an '80, it's missing all of the mechanical advance stuff anyway.

motor2-1.jpg

motor1.jpg

motor21.jpg

motor.jpg

motor22.jpg

only complaint....the shitty rubber washers for the backing plate tore...but thats a no brainer fix.

Ignition module itself maybe no bigger than a pack of smokes.

and yes, my motor has yellow over spray on it....(p.o.) so now the head gets tooth brushed to get it
clean...

and, obviously this is made by probe engineering.

Back