Bought the xs pwk carbs from mikes xs

Focal

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased the xs pwk carbs from mikes xs. The price was in my budget, and thought they would preform better than my stock ones. I tried to fix the orignials on my 81 xs but they only would run with the choke on. Just wondering if anyone has bought these new ones off mikes, and if it was a good purchase.

lots of info on these carbs, do a search. If you couldn't fix your stockers i would say you will have more prob's with these.

look here

Last edited:
Best O luck to you. Shame you didn't search here first. The BS34s on the 81 are good carbs once they are properly overhauled. You could send out the BS34 to oldschool carbs or others and have a great set of carbs for less than the MikesXS units.

My xs came w/ pwk's on them. I spent 2 weeks fucking w/ them before i took them off and bought something else. I think they are going make great wall art.

well they came in today and no instructions to install. I see where the fuel goes in but they did not include a t-fitting to split the one fuel line, i was disappointed with that. Also there is a outlet next to the fuel in port, not sure if that needs capped or not.

I have had no real issues with mine.

That being said I think there should be a class action for the sale of fake Keihn carbs involving all owners. It sees mthey are still selling them under this name in Canada.

Thanks for the input. I mounted the carbs on today and decided the routing for the the throttle cable. I will try to upload some photos. If anyone does get these make sure you get all of the packing peanuts out of the carbs, I think mikes goes a little over board on those. I thought that the carbs would be just bolt on and go but i know there are some adjustments i will have to make. I was used to my stock carbs always being lined up with the manifolds. When i put these on the carbs were side ways just had to loosen the clamp and eye it level. :laugh:

adjusted the throttle cables to where the slides raise at the same time. Ran the fuel line and let the bowls fill, no leaks. The bike fired up right away, however idleing at about 3 grand. I turned the adjustment screws out but only got it down to a little over 2000. I took it out for a short test run and noticed the diffrence right away. Very responsive and when you roll the throttle it does not hesitate. Now i have to work to get the idle down, i will put in the smaller jets and see if that makes the diffrence. I was pleased with this road test not the idle.

Back