boyer vs pamco

If converting from points, and no plan for later rephase, get a Pamco
If you also plan on buying a PMA at this stage, and no plan for later rephase, get a Powerdynamo ignition/alternator kit. This will replace alternator rotor and stator, regulator, rectifier, and the stock ignition altogether, including coils.

If you plan on serious tuning now or later, including rephasing, get a PMA with an external "hump" for ignition trigger (s) (Hughs, Sparx or any other) and an Ignitech programmable ignition.

I have used both and have bought more than 10 of each.
PAMCO Very good unit and if you email Pete he does get back to you.
BOYER has been around for over 30 years. I used them in the 70's and they DO have a TEC line with a phone number and I never had a problem .
Both are great units to use on your XS650 .
If you are running without a battery and a PMA I would go with PAMCO
Boyer does also work but lights may flicker at idle.
It all comes down to MONEY!!!!!

Ive used Boyer on many bikes and they've always been very good. Im in the UK so thats a plus for me as the shipping is cheaper and their tech Support is on my time too. By the way the Tech support is very good - You speak with the guys actually building and designing them.

have both, they are great products, boyer is a bit voltage sensitive and will punish u
if your voltage is low.

Some have brought up several ignitions you didn't ask about and they may be good ignitions. On the Pamco and Boyer, both are good ignitions, the Boyer is voltage sensitive as mentioned by kazoom.
If I was making the Boyer vs Pamco decision, I would rather invest the money in a member of this forum.
Leo

Back