Brag a bit, kickstart with my arm ;)

vsop-dk

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi friends, just got hold of a xs650 from 1983 in a pristine condition and it hasn't been started for a while. I checked oil and put some gasoline in it and then a new battery and I had to try starting it.

My xs650 Rephased 277 is dialed in and it works perfect now, kickstart is harder than imagined but can start in first kick, but it will respond right away if you hesitate.

But the new darling in the family had to be started and it started first kick and it felt real easy as for real, so I had to try again and this time with my hand.

Yeah man... Rock'n'roll

https://vimeo.com/127297089

"Do you even lift bro?"

More like "Do you even kick start bikes with your biceps bro?"

938148-538828ac-dd6f-11e2-83d7-0411b5c5213d.jpg

she did it on one!! That enfield sounds like a thumper.
Ive heard tale about starting the xs's with arm power, but the way my 71 kicks back when It was "barn fresh" makes me hesitate. I bet the wife was happy that nite!! Mr. Man, you!:D

;) rofl... well.. im stumpled... the rephased 277 is a drag kicking over, just adjusted the timing and had to retard it all way to get it at 36 degree... Then I got this new old xs650 and it hasnt been started for long and wow was that for real!! did it really start this easy on the kickstart...

I asked my two boys to try and they both kicked it over, their first try on a bike. Second I said, lets see if I can do this with my arm, hahah it felt easier than you could imagine... So I have two bikes, one that is a pain and one that is easier than ever..

The bike is in for a rebuild... but im considering not touching the engine ;)

Back