Braided Sleeving for wire harness

poorman9

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've done a simplified rewire on my XS. At some point (probably when it starts raining here in Portland) I want to do a better job running the wires. Right now I just have my wiring loom black taped together. I'd like to get things looking for like this -

index.php

Anybody know where you can get that nice braided sleeving, this like (1,2,3)? I've tried Auto Zone and a couple electronic stores. I know I can get it online, but I'd like to find a store that carries it.

Also, anybody have any experience using the stuff? It seems like it's work great, is there anything better to use?

Thanks

I used it for a long time doing custom computer wiring. It may not be heat resistant in some cases so just be careful how it is routed.

Asphalt wiring loom is what you want.. it will infact provide you with a bit of heat protection. Used it on some trucks, cars and other bike builds.

I know you can buy it on ebay…..Trying to find a local store to get it in Australia also.

There is heat resistant and straight nylon versions that melt.

I got all mine from McMaster Carr. They make a dozen different types, high temp, high abrasion, etc. Here's a few pics of my wiring progress. I used a Centech AP-2 fuse block, and the boyer ignition is underneath. SOrry for shitty pics, you get the idea. Everything's a little messy because I still have a bit more wires to run.

6140974418_a34f63863f.jpg

6140974474_51a1f7ea13.jpg

6140974646_fd97021ecf.jpg

30 ft. was more than enough to wire my whole bike.

I have it on my bike with no issues. It is zip tied to the frame so it is not resting on the head. Zip ties are not melted either. Haha

Back