BRAT'S WHAT is your deal????

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Coming from me its funny because I always chopped everything but I may be adding a BRAT BUILD to 2016 and put a twist on it. So here are the BRAT BIKES that I like my top 6 that I would ride. Getting old and may need to switch to shocks but what kind HAHA
LETS SEE your tops....

Attachments

• brat1.jpg
    brat1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 460
  • brat8.jpg
    brat8.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 378
  • brat 5.jpg
    brat 5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 937
  • brat4.jpg
    brat4.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,059
  • brat3.jpg
    brat3.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 598
  • brat 2.jpg
    brat 2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 968
I really like the style of bikes the japanese build. Even with old Harleys. Fantastic craftsmanship.

One thing I really dislike and glad I don't see to often are drop seat frames. Yeeeeeeeuck.

James gs4 on here has a killer ride too.

Si! I really like the looks of those BRAT styles, I think I may do one too. I mean, if I EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR finish this damn hardtail I'm building. We've had such a cold winter, the garage is uninsulated and NOT heated, so day after day I wait for over 20 degrees so I can stand to be out more than an hour. I'm hit-n-missin' as I go, but it's 10 right now and MIGHT hit 35 later. MY WINDOW! Anyhow, I agree about those pics, I like 'em...

Now I built a lot of drop seats and they ride nice. That brat also has a Hyd. Clutch setup did them before . That one is cool if it was just stretched a little.

Attachments

• drop_seat.jpg
    drop_seat.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 300
  • cb350.jpg
    cb350.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 450cm.jpg
    450cm.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 317
  • xs650 w springer.jpg
    xs650 w springer.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 332
With a brat build, what influences or dictates the rear fender mounting choices?

- Rear fender affixed to the frame, with clearance for suspension travel.

- Rear fender affixed to swingarm.

So, what does BRAT mean anyway? Below Radiuses Actually Track? Bikes Ride Altered Technically? Who can 'splain it? I know I've seen that 'style' referenced before but never knew what it came from or stood for... EP ME! EP ME!

Most of the US a brat is a snotty kid but in WISCONSIN it's a delicious wurst grilled to perfection served on a chewy crisp crust bun with all the fixin's. GO PACK!

Most of the US a brat is a snotty kid but in WISCONSIN it's a delicious wurst grilled to perfection served on a chewy crisp crust bun with all the fixin's. GO PACK!

I can see that... Now, I find, that when I eat a brat (the wurst kind) after a short time, I can often make a BRAP sound. Is there a connection?

No brats here, but I just smoked some country ribs on my Weber. Will this suffice Gary? Dat smoke ring though!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452461252.599008.jpg

Back to inedible brats, here is an abandoned project I bought because it came with a '76 Standard with red tins. Someone has stretched out the neck and relocated the coils. I had a 4" over (I think) set of forks in the shed, so it looks like I may have a project. Struts will not stay.

Attachments

• SAM_2301.jpg
    SAM_2301.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 272
  • SAM_2303.JPG
    SAM_2303.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 266
  • SAM_2302.JPG
    SAM_2302.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 236
  • SAM_2307.JPG
    SAM_2307.JPG
    296.4 KB · Views: 249
Brat build :thumbsup:

Boxer-Engine-Cooking.jpg

Seriously, the definition of "brat style" seems to be expanding beyond recognition. For instance, we recently featured this R100 by Switzerland's The Bike Maker:

Bratstyle-BMW-R100-1.jpg

The builder, Alexandre, described this build as a "brat," though I wouldn't have even thought to call it that. But he's the one who spent countless hours of labor and (rolls of euros) on the build, so I figured he could call it whatever the hell he wanted :)

Bmw is one bike I can't stand customized. Giant gas tank and the old boxer really look like giant lumps and pull attention from everything else. I actually think the boxer is a very bad looking engine. Sure it works. But the god awful crank case size just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Back