Break-In Secrets - Your Opinion

grepper

fiddle futzer
Reaction score
Hey All,

A Co-Worker just bought a Brand New Ninja. At first he was really mindful of the manufactures suggested break in procedure. Then today he sent me this link. Break-In Secrets

Opinions??? For me, it I would follow what the manufacture suggests.

Damn this is still getting brought up... First off, its not going to matter either was as regardless of what you buy, unless its a fresh build/rebuilt engine, it will have been run long enough to break it in. Its either run at the mfg before it leaves and the oil is changed then, its run at the shop, its test driven, or any other number of reasons it would have been started before it arrived at your garage. All of these instances will have already started and or finished breaking in the rings to the point it really does not matter what you do. Any other break in you may accomplish isn't going to happen until the engine sees a decent amount of mileage.

Lots of modern motorcycles that have electronic engine control store data for when you exceed your break-in limitations. It is downloaded and used against you when you have a claim against the powertrain. Auto manufacturers have been doing it for years. I know this is true, because I read it on the Internet, brought to you by Al Gore.

When things quit falling off & I'm no longer trouble shooting my own problems, which can take a couple hundred circles in the driveway & more than just a few trips around the block, I'm pretty sure I'm satisfied; mostly, when things quit falling off

They'll quit falling off when you run out of things, lol.

Back