Breather Help

mshick68

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I have been searching the forum but i can not find the answer. I have a 1982 xs 650 with the carbs seen below. I'm building a bobber and want to run a pod type filter or the uni's. Which model do I need and where can I get them? I really dont have the expereince to re jet czrbs etc... Alslo I have one hose coming from the crankcase which splits into two. So I was thinking just to install a small pod filter right off the crankcase and two pod type filters off the carbs. Please Help. I need to order today. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0446800x532.jpg
    DSC_0446800x532.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 88
dont use pods. get the uni foams.if you run anything other than the stock air box and exhaust, you will be rejetting.

So I have been searching the forum but i can not find the answer. I have a 1982 xs 650 with the carbs seen below. I'm building a bobber and want to run a pod type filter or the uni's. Which model do I need and where can I get them? I really dont have the expereince to re jet czrbs etc... Alslo I have one hose coming from the crankcase which splits into two. So I was thinking just to install a small pod filter right off the crankcase and two pod type filters off the carbs. Please Help. I need to order today. Thanks!!!

I second that. Cotton K&N filters or other cotton types let to much dirt thru. I'm always adjusting valves on all types of bikes because of them. Stick stock if you can, and if your going to a "clamp on the carb" type use foam and obviously oil it. also you will need to rejet. I started with 5 over stock and just kept playing with it. I found that some xs's are different if you get to fine tuning. Jet sizes could vary for you bike, but the good thing is they are cheap. good luck

Back