brembo brakes what bikes ?

triumph68

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys ive been searching the site for a few days trying to find out what bikes 65mm 4pot brembo brakes come of ? every wrecker in australia that i contact are to lazy to look they all want to know what bike there off . Im a dairy farmer that lives over an hour away from any town so its hard to get in to check it out myself same as a 14mm nissin m/c that im also chaseing any help would be great thanks Andy

hey guys ive been searching the site for a few days trying to find out what bikes 65mm 4pot brembo brakes come of ? every wrecker in australia that i contact are to lazy to look they all want to know what bike there off . Im a dairy farmer that lives over an hour away from any town so its hard to get in to check it out myself same as a 14mm nissin m/c that im also chaseing any help would be great thanks Andy
........................... hi duke do,,,, bimbota do ,,,,,,,, the wrecker down in fitzroy might have something you could always go for some late mod yamahe sports or suzuki sports stuff they are good and common ,,grab the caliber with the pads /bolts etc... regards oldbiker

thanks mate im in queensland and a long way from anywhere i have to do most things over the phone thats why i was trying to get specific bikes that use a 4 pot 65mm caliper most wreckers wont look unless you tell them the bike it comes off . Andy

Ducati models:
ST4 2000 to 2003
ST4S 2002 to 2004
ST3 2004
748 1999
748S 2000 to 2002
748R 2000
996 1999 to2001
996S 1999 to 2001
996SPS 1999 to 2000
998 2002
998 matrix 2004

Also used on KTM 2002 Duke II

I've been using them for 2 seasons now. A big improvement over stock calipers.

Attachments

• Brembo front mounting.JPG
    Brembo front mounting.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Brembo Rear Mounting.JPG
    Brembo Rear Mounting.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 287
NZ ex Japan import TRX850's came with Brembo's. The NZ market TRX850's didn't. It might be the same in Aussie.

Mr retiredgentelman is the same caliper used on the rear ?

The Brembo calipers have a "left" and a "right". Normally they are both used on the front only. When I went to purchase the caliper, I only wanted one caliper, but the seller only sold them in pairs. I bought the pair, planning to only use one on the front and sell the other one.

However, after seeing both calipers, I decided that the left one could go on the front and the right one could go on the rear. I am very happy with the result. I used 3/8" aluminum for the adapter brackets, which makes for an easy alinement with the stock discs.

The stock rear master cylinder is a good match at the rear. I tried using the stock 14 mm master cylinder at the front, but was not the best match. I bought a 12 mm Brembo master cylinder for the front, and that makes for a very good match up.

I like to do things that are "outside the box", so installing a front caliper on the rear is different enough to make people scratch their heads. :)

bought mine from pandemonium along with the adapter kit.even with shipping worked out cheaper than the prices our wreckers (pirates) were quoting

Thanks every body you have been a great help . some guys look down on newbies for asking questions they think everybody should know and just reply "use the search function" so once again thanks . Andrew

thanks mate im in queensland and a long way from anywhere i have to do most things over the phone thats why i was trying to get specific bikes that use a 4 pot 65mm caliper most wreckers wont look unless you tell them the bike it comes off . Andy
............................. hi i,m in the western wimmera..... where in my town they think i,m trying to kill myself riding my bike ,,but it just goes over my head most stuff i order online from overseas for my gs1000e /and my xs650 yamaha... i luv them both regards oldbiker

here are some other links that will help.
4 This link has a lot of details about calipers and how to. Blue spot and some Brembo info.

mr retired gentleman do you have a pattern for you rear brake hanger for brembo brakes im at the stage of my build when im doing all my brake front and rear all so if you have anything on the front adaptor for brambo ? thanks Andrew

mr retired gentleman do you have a pattern for you rear brake hanger for brembo brakes im at the stage of my build when im doing all my brake front and rear all so if you have anything on the front adaptor for brambo ? thanks Andrew

Look in my album. You will find pics of a template for front and rear adapters.

Back