Brit xs650

PetesPonies

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Thought I would post a pic of my '75 XS650 I just finished building. If it looks like a early 60s British bike to you, then my goal was achieved. I'm happy with it. There are many subtle changes and a few more extreme changes. I still need a splitter for the front fender :)

Attachments

• yam11.jpg
    yam11.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 210
  • yam22.jpg
    yam22.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 173
  • yam33.jpg
    yam33.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 186
I thought about getting an earlier front wheel with drum brakes . . especially when I was fighting this disc brake. I even drilled the rotor, so I'm leaning towards being able to stop . . . BUT maybe down the road I'll change my mind. As for synthetic oil leaks . . . old wives tale :)

Last edited:
Beautiful job!

I'm in Ellicott City, sir! Good to have a neighbor here. I also have a mild pro-street '85 Mustang GT that I have not fired up in a few years... garage furniture now... too many interests and not enough time. Kind of sitting and waiting to decide what to do with her.

TC

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Tee . I like coming up to Ellicott City, historic area. I'll have to come up and meet you, show off our bikes :) We can talk Mustangs as well.

Pete, we'll have a meetup. :)

I have not had the cover off my 'Stang since '06, when I first got my bike endorsement and had a little "incident" putting my 250 Ninja away in the garage. Put a nice crease in the right door/front fender of my Pony... I still get ill when I think of it, and my face turns into two adjacent buttocks. :(

The headlights, fenders, etc are painted. But not quickly done with a spray can :) And I have a procedure I use with chrome pieces that I know works. So these are painted for the long haul. I do paint work in my restoration business. I built a radical Vulcan several years ago. I powder coated many of the small pieces, even the rims. U m m , I like painting better :)

Attachments

• Nikon1 036.jpg
    Nikon1 036.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Nikon1 035.jpg
    Nikon1 035.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 123
Looks good, I've gone for mainly black painted instead of chrome on my latest. I didn't go for black fork lowers but looking at yours I think I might. Does it sound like a Triumph with those pipes?:)

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Well done, Pete. Looks like it's ready to be parked out in front of the Ace Cafe.

<thread hijack>

Sweet looking Mustang fastback in the background. What is it, a '67 or a '68? That's been my favorite Mustang body style ever since they were new.

A big-block '68 'Stang I photographed at an SCCA race back in the '80s:
3427560831_4c1f73ff23_o.jpg

</hijack>

Thanks !! That Mustang is a '68 1/2. That means it has a 428 CJ . . the only one's considered a 68 1/2. The CJ engine became available in April . . its a very very rare car. I did a full resto on it. Thanks

Welcome PetesPonies, Done a good job man, Is the chrome/ paint prep a secret or will you share with us

Back