Charging issues

KasperTheGhost

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello all!! I have a 76 xs650 with some charging issues. I had a sep regulator/rectifier (type b) when i got the bike. We ripped it down, i had a combined unit (red) from an xs750, i think it was 80’s (type b). If i want to use this rectifier/regulator i need to do the nylon screw upgrade?
We went for a ride, 20 miles, turned bike off, thats all she wrote. Got the bike home and the outter alternator brush was like 1/4” long, the inner is like .75 in. So i ordered new brushes. What wiring changes do i need to do to use this regulator with my 76. Pretty please, any help would be great. There are so many posts. I am more confused than anything, i needs the help.

Attachments

• IMG_7020.jpeg
    IMG_7020.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7018.jpeg
    IMG_7018.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7019.jpeg
    IMG_7019.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6980.jpeg
    IMG_6980.jpeg
    726 KB · Views: 7
Yes, the VR-115 is a type B regulator.... same "type" as the original. It'll connect without having to do the nylon screw thing.

Thank you, that solid state rectifier got me working. When i got my new alternator brushes, they looked identical, but they were like folded into? I dont know if i am describing it right? I am getting 14.7 on the high side, i can see the battery climb when the bike starts, thank you all so so much!

Back