broken gear train cover bolt

Haven't a clue really. I think they're just a standard M6 x 1.00 thread pitch. If you're referring to J.I.S. fasteners, I don't think the threads are any different on those compared to normal metric bolts, just the head sizes differ. As an example, an M8 J.I.S. bolt or nut takes a 12mm wrench size, the standard versions take a 13.

OKej, thanks

I bought the bolts you mentioned. If my temporary fix dosn't last until winter, I'm at least ready with new gasket and bolts. Just the job of taking the engine out to remove the broken bolt first.

However, yesterday I broke my knee when falling off my bicycle, hitting a road bump. So i will spend the next 5-8 weeks with a metall support. First season with my new motorbike, and THIS happen. It sucks! All summer plans failed...

The only thing I can do is take it easy and getting served (!) by my lovely girlfriend... At least I could postpone my vacation period, which would have started this weekend for 5 weeks, and instead getting money from the company and the national healtcare insurance until the knee is cured.

And remember, summer period in Sweden is SHORT, too short. So I hope I will be able to ride the bike during the late summer and autumn.

Back