Brooklyn Invitational Thread

alfredo

1978 xs650 Special
Reaction score
header.jpg

Wanted to start a thread and see if anyone was planning on going this year.

its about 4 blocks from my apartment, sooooo i might go haha. for real though its been great the last 2 years and coming from florida and the cheeseball bikeweek culture its a refreshing event to say the least.

its about 4 blocks from my apartment, sooooo i might go haha. for real though its been great the last 2 years and coming from florida and the cheeseball bikeweek culture its a refreshing event to say the least.

hahaha. nice! I hear there is a lot of stuff going on in the same time span; indian larry block party, dice magazine party, etc. Have any info on this? Trying to sort out a loose plan.

yeah its a fun time for sure, it's hardly worth going by the indian larry block party because A. half the people/bikes you'll see a few blocks away at the invitational and B. because the other half you don't see is easter eggs, baggers, and bad hotdog stands. That said its still cooler than an average weekend, i almost wish they spaced them out. The dice party is fun, shit gets rowdy. If you are nearby def don't miss it and if you come out let me know, i am gonna be the offical XS documenter of the weekend hah. If i get enough pics ill post a nice set up here.

wait, where's the dice party? i was JUST at the brooklyn bowl. if you guys are going to meet for this let me know and i'll come out on the bobber.

hey MiniDanzig. Let's hook up as I will be going this year. Gonna try and snag a cheap hotel in brooklyn with a friend.

Went last year, didn't know what to expect and was AMAZED. I've been waiting all year for the next one. Plenty of cool bikes, both in the show and parked outside. Really laid back people, sort of a gallery/art show vibe inside, and best of all, once the sun went down, Free Beer and live rock music! And you get to ogle hipster Brooklyn chicks!

There are very few bike shows in the NY/NJ of this caliber, I'm definitely going this Sept.

-Aaron

Wanted to get a temperature check on who was going to this. Also, I will be traveling from Virginia and wanted to know if there were any floors I could borrow for a few nights?

planned on leaving thursday: thunderstorms all day/night.
planned on leaving friday: walls of rain all day/night.
planned on leaving saturday to maybe make the last part: walls of rain all day/night.

my spirits = crushed

just wasn't meant to be for me this time. did anyone make it out to the show?

Back